Seafoamed again ...

NAPA sells it. I used it a couple of times on my 91 and it works great. What method does everybody use? I use the pour it in the brake booster line myself, but I am curious if one way works better than another…

BTW: My 91 has 230,000 miles on it and responds fine to sea-foaming.

Sorry to revive this, but did anyone ever make the video? Or a photo step-by-step?
I will make a vid, I just want to do it right lol.

yeah…i wanna try this…where do you pour it in? and shit like that

yeah…a teg tip would be great…i want to do this when my car is up and running…thanks

ok i’m sorry but i’m kinda lost here…what does the seafoam do and when/why should i use it? my 93 has 98k on her.

No vid, but it is really easy to do… The way I do it is I unhook my brake booster line. Stick a funnel in the end and you are ready to go.

Edit: As for what it does, it cleans anything and everything. Pour it in with a tank of gas to clean your injectors, pour some in the crankcase with the oil to free sticky parts, or pur it into the cylinders (via brake booster, misting into TB, ect…) to clean off carbon deposits, ect…

I do not know if there is ever a engine that is too old and beat up for seafoaming. My 91 had 235,000 miles on it and I seafoamed it… Worked fine and help the engine run a little smoother and stronger.

If nobody replies with a pic or better explanation, I will take a couple of pics tomorrow showing exactly how I do it.

i seafoamed my 92 nissan p/u once…it began in my garage, im not sure what i was thinking.

i quickly moved it to the driveway, then the road.

i bet the stuff does absolutly nothing to the car, it just makes for a good show. :burnout:

pics tomorrow…

i’ll be waiting! do a full write up please! =) thanks!

:clap: :rockon: :up:

A guy on HondaTech posted that he had to pull his head to put on a new head gasket. While he was there he noticed the condition of the pistons and valves. Then, he put it back together and used seafoam. When he pulled the head back off, he was amazed at how it cleaned everything so well.

I have 275K miles, and I will be rebuilding soon enough. I am going to seafoam it and see what the deposits look like compared to when I pulled the head awhile ago to replace a bent rod (hydro-lock situation). I will post the results then.

okay… here is how I do it. (illistrated version)

First off, you need seafoam.

It can be used for everything

Decide what method to use.

Method #1 - direct pour into brake booster (my prefered method)
All you gotta do is disconnect the booster line, stick a funnel in it, and pour away. Be sure to pour slowly, as too much seafoam will kill the car.

Method #2 - Mist into throttle body

Before doing any of this, READ THE DIRECTIONS. Start the car and use seafoam. After using 1/3 of the bottle (I think) shut the car off and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. At that time, restart the car and let it idle.
*Be sure to do this in a well ventilated area, as there will be smoke and fumes.

For crankcase cleaning, pour 1/3 (I think) of the bottle in with the oil.

For injector cleaning, pour 1/3 (I think) of the bottle into the gas tank with a full tank of gas.

If there are any more questions, just ask.

did you guys have to get a new o2 sensor after this on the old cars? also what if the engine has oil leaks is it ok to use? i wanna try it but im still scared

I never changed the O2 sensor. I have never had any problems with it. Also, I see no reason why there should be a problem with doing this with a engine that leaks oil. How bad does your car leak?

well it leaks drops to the ground after i drive, but i think its the oil pan gasket… but yeah i leak at the cam plug seal too, i tried to fix it but it made it leak more i also have leaks i cannot trace yet

thanks! very useful information! also, should you change your oil after dumping in the crankcase and what not?

I would not change the oil right away after adding seafoam to the crankcase… I would run the car for a while with it in there so it can properly do its job. Give it some time to work.

thanks! definately…archive this!

I have used it many times on my G1 and it works great .

Have not tried it with the g2 yet…

You should also give DEEP CREEP a try .

ok tried the seafoam and i figured i’d post my results. before i used the seafoam i had a idle problem that revs up and down like alot of other g2’s have. i was also throwing a code 43. engine would feel a little sluggish when accelerating. after i used the seafoam my idle doesn’t rev up and down nearly as much, engine is alot smoother, sounds weird but smoother shifting on my auto tranny??? im not sure how cuz i didn’t add any seafoam to the tranny lol. maybe it’s just me? :hmm: also i figured i’d soak my o2 sensor in the seafoam a little bit seeing that it was black and nasty looking. ( says on the seafoam bottle that it’s o2 sensor safe :slight_smile: ) and after resetting my ecu i checked for codes and it wasn’t throwing any :clap: i definately recommend this stuff

-Chad-