recent suspension mods and ugly pic

Definitely try softening the shocks in the front. The back end should step out without too much work. Also, those camber settings seem a little much IMO.

Yeah, me too. :uhoh:

Ive been faster with lower pressures in the azenis. I used to run ~45 ish but now I run like 33-35 even on fast tracks and I am much faster, and the tires are waaaaaaaaay more forgiving (car is less twitchy).

Ben

I should add that I have a GS, weighing in at 2650lbs with a 1/2 tank, 65%F 35%R weight distribution. I would correct myself and say run whatever PSI warms your tires evenly on that specific day. Personally, I like the higher PSI in the front as it gives me better response and helps my tires warm faster because of the huge sidwall and lack of camber. I would definitely run less PSI if I had more camber and a smaller sidewall.

If I can jump in with some questions here.
Nino- How do you get 3.25 deg. of NEGATIVE camber with a 206/16? The tire must be close to the arm with that much. Yes? No?

Sping rate of 400 now. Going to 600 maybe even 650. Any thoughts?

I have noticed with about 26-28 psi in the rear and the konis at full stiff. That for me gets the rear to rotate pretty nice. Now, after reading the Grassroots article, the Neon hey ran is DS the had 65 psi!!! What the hell!!!

On an info note. I’m looking to keep the 15 x 7 wheels and run the 225/50 in front and last years 205 in the rear. Also running with a co-driver. Here at Atwater wherewe run, keeping these things at the least cool, is hard enough. We spray tires every chance we get. Even as we roll up to stage. Someone needs to invent a portable ice/water box the role through for the Falkens.

thats soo weird that a lot of people like them really cold. The seem to work better for me when they are slightly warm, like after 1 run in 80-90 deg weather. Sometimes I end up with 2 runs in a row and the 2nd run is typically faster. maybe thats just knowledge of the course, though.

Ben