overheating problem....

youve tried all those things, and havent changed the thermostat yet? They are cheap, in price and quality, usually, so they are prone to going, Id try that next, and be sure to bleed it again after you change it.

Oh yeah I forgot it has also been changed, and it does work because I have observed the bottom radiator hose getting warm after a couple of minutes after warming up.

yeah, then check the rad for clogs, thats probably it.

before you wanna say another word… i recall you saying this

keep in mind this was all related to OVERHEATING, not running rough(all he said was he was running rich) so stop acting like a badass

running rich would cool the motor. Running lean makes the motor run hot…
where does he say it runs ‘rich’?

show me…

The radiator seems like maybe 1 year old, when i got the car (6 months ago) the rad looked new, so i don’t think it is clogged, but if it is how can I un-clogg it.

thanks for the help.

That is where I said that my car was running rich… and it was not overheating… It was running stone cold!

Where is the thermostat in our cars? how do i check if mine is ok? after reading this thread, i noticed my car does the same thing!

I have the same symptoms for my car. I paid $80 to have a mechanic look at it and they had no idea what was causing the problem. Let me know if you find out what it is.

I will surely do guys.

Changed my thermostat, and flushed and refilled my radiator, no more problem, made a world of difference! Now, it’s about 5 degrees Celcuis, and my motor was always running rich, it’s so smooth now! and i have heating again!! who knew…a 40$ part…

thermostats is on the block(not the head)… follow your lower radiator hose to where it connects to the block… theres a small neck thats connected to the block held with two 10mm bolts i think(might be more) take that off and theres the thermostat… BTW if your changing it remember to purchase the gasket as well… also it wouldnt hurt to backflush while you have it out

Look under your air intake… in order to take my thermostat out, I had to remove the air intake, distributor cap (easier to get tools in) and the battery (same reason as distributor cap)

running rich would cool the motor. Running lean makes the motor run hot…
where does he say it runs ‘rich’?

show me…
ok billy baddass… read his first post again…read CAREFULLY and stop being such an ignorant wise ass… im tryna help him, not be king of the assistance forum like you… i still don’t know why your acting so wise against me

but in your original post you stated overheating when stopped

Come on guys, chill out. Both ya’ll right!