oil light on but theres oil on the stick need help

sigh i didn’t mean u have a spun bearing i’m just saying IF U DO have low oil pressure and do try to take it up, u are in risk of spinning a bearing… sigh.

and yea, sounds very healthy, aren’t u blowing smoke or whatever when in higher rpms?

ive been putting really crappy cheap gas in my car. thats why it smokes a little bit. dude, we need to race

you’re into street racing, thats something i’ve moved past many years ago, and i ain’t even that old. if u wanna try competing at the track i’d be more than happy to oblige. but i highly doubt they’d be fond of a car on the track that probably has a HG issue, especially if the white smoke or blueish smoke is clearly visible. til then u can go and perform a compression test and leak down test on ur motor.

oh and btw… bad gas doesn’t cause white and blueish smoke.

black smoke = burn fuel.
white smoke = burning coolant
blueish smoke = burning oil.

for a street racer u seem kinda lacking in the basics. normally i don’t act like a prick. but when someone is trying to go around with their ignorant ways and make it seem that issues like bad wiring/connections to important indicators is a “typical leave it alone” kind of thing then u’re gonna get crap from me. u seem very proud of ur car, and i totally respect that, but ur neglective nature to ur da is not cool. u know what the problem is, so fix it.

dude, i already knew that stuff. for somereason my car doesnt smoke much anymore… wierd. it smoked alot after i got my exhaust put on.

did u replace it with a used or new muffler or a full catback exhaust?

sometimes the crap inside burns up a bit or whatever. u might have confused gray dusty asbestos crap with it.

yea, i put on a performance header, downpipe, and cat back exhaust with a new muffler.i think it could also have been the ceramic coating on the headers too but idk. i quit using crappy 87 octane and got some 92 and my car runs like a CHAMP!!!

better octane shouldn’t make a stock compression’d motor run better, especially if it was designed for 87 tho (non-vtec). the higher the octane the higher its resistance to detonation. thats all. if u search thru g2ic and other sites of what octane u should run u’ll find some articles that explain why running higher octane gas can sometimes be worst.

yea, well. i had to see for myself. im having problems myself with my car, when im mashing through the gears my check engine light will come on. when i drive like a normal personen (about 75% of the time) no lights ever come on.

probably the wire is grounding against something due to vibration or whatever.

[QUOTE=Squeezethis;2044147]u do know that if u ignore ur oil pressure u will probably spin a bearing right? and yes an oil light could come on for messed up bearings… cuz if u spun a bearing, ur oil pressure would be affected since the motor would be getting improper oil thru the gallies and such.

[/QUOTE]

yeah. Im just saying the light never came on until after i spun the bearing. I swapped the motor and the light was still intermittantly flashing. I was leanight toward te electrical problem part which is why i think i never got around to it.

you must have been hauling ass everywhere then to put that much stress on it. or it could have been a censor that failed. when you start you car do you hear a “clank, clank clank”? usually you can hear it.

just bought my DA so have no idea on the history of mine and just had the head gasket replaced to oil filter etc and after driving it around a little mine came on to only at idle though would flicker. then once i got going it was fine. and then it started flashing but once i turned it off and back on the light was off and would idle without the light.
after reading this all i checked my oil and still good, it leaks a little from the pan gasket though. but i do have a the ole fram filter. what would yall suggest i try?

also there is no lack of power it runs pretty strong and only slight valve train noise so im guessing its not an actual pressure issue???
thanks

well, what kind of oil are you using? i recomend using 10w40. i dont know the history of my motor that well so it better safe than sorry. i would fix any leaks asap. id also use just a tiny tiny bit of lucas oil stabilizer too.

NO!

You need to have a mechanic take a look at your car. it probably needs a valve lash, and it sounds like the sensor is probably on it’s way out. Have it tested. They are pretty cheap at the parts store.

NO LUCAS PRODUCTS. I have posted this twice now. Stop telling people to use a proven bad product. READ.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

Nick you need to have your car looked at too. When you smash on the gears and your lights come on thats not a good thing.

If you have doubts about things use the stuff Honda uses. Their filters and oil is not that much more expensive than stuff you can get at the parts store. make the drive and pick up an oem honda filter and oem honda oil. then there is no question that you’re using the right stuff.

SOMETIMES when you first cold start a car, your oil pressure light will flicker or stay on for a second. this is because it takes a bit for the oil to cycle through the engine, and the sensor to pick up on it. If you’re not experienceing any serious problems, you are probably ok.

ive never been a fan for additives no matter who makes them, so dont worry. i’ll probably change the oil filter to a wixs, or oem. and i tlaked to my dad (who id trust with mine or anyone else car over anyone) and he mentioned his S-10 has been doing it for a while, and as long as theres no noises and as long as its only at idle and goes away with rpms it shouldnt be a ‘major’ worry, but that i shouldnt drive it like a race car and to rebuild, including oil pump when i get the chance.

mainly just nice to have a little reassurance and advise from some that focus on just this car though to :rockon:

yea, well, my oil light flashes only when i leave my car in the on position for a while (listening to the radio and stuff) THEN when i start it, the oil light will flash and wont turn off but when i just start my car… it doesnt come on. of course after driving it a while, the check engine light comes on. my ecu flashes 43 so its a fuel delivery problem, i think my car is running a little rich right now. it could be that my o2 censor is bad, even though its like a month old, i think somthing might have messed it up.