Megan Racing header

Mine is still in good condition except for my little accident bent the downpipe a bit. Other than that, still great header for the price.

Good to know. Anyone else? I can’t see paying 285+ S&H for a ceramic DC when I can get a stainless Megan for like 155 shipped.

I’m also curious about this. Bump

yeah, curious, about to buy some more mods, thinking of the Megan header, heard so many positives, not really any negatives. how is the long term? and has anyone found any dyno numbers/charts comparisons?

theres any diference on the bolt on a header from a b16 b18 or b18c .
i have an 1992 ls , and i was thinking to go for the 4-1 from dc sports .
but they dont have them for the g2 , can i use any other teg like an g3 “dc”,
if money its not on good posicion , i’ll go the megan , besides i allready order my megan gauges .
i show some pics of wich i’m talking about , as soon i’m done intalling them on my teg i post some pics .

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=unknown&sbrftog=1&from=R10&fstype=1&catref=C6&satitle=megan+gauges+&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=10701&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

I installed my Megan header in November, but I’ve only driven once with it on since my car’s put away for winter, so I can’t give much of a review. Didn’t really affect the sound of the car much, but it does seem to have more high end.

in terms of looks… our weather is pretty harsh… the stainless is tarnished and lookin kinda crappy but in terms of function it seems to be great.

I’ve got a 93 LS, and installed the Megan Racing 4-2-1 header about a week ago. Had a hell of a time getting that damn cast iron piece of crap off, had to snap the bolts off with a breaker bar, but besides that, the install was pretty simple. The only negative comment I have about it, is that it doesn’t seal good to my cat, so I’m losing horsepower right there. I’m gonna get some exhaust wrap and wrap it around the flange so that it creates a tight seal. Other than that, I like the header. Even with the leak by the cat, I can still feel a power gain, especially when I smash it at 3500-4000. Takes off a lot quicker than it used to. Just my 2 cents. But I would definately recommend this header, the welds are originally what sold me. I was looking at pics of different headers on ebay, and decided to go with this one. As far as DC headers goes, I’m sure the stainless ones are fine, but all the ceramic ones I’ve seen, and even on my friends car, look like shit and are rusted and stuff. My friends DC 4-2-1 ceramic header is all rusted, and it cracked near a weld. Not something I’d want to spend 280 on. He’s getting a Megan stainless as soon as he gets the money, he likes mine a lot better.

I just put my megan header on about a week ago. I didn’t feel much from my catback or my cai but this I actully felt some power gain. I have 2.25 catback to an ebay muffler and it sounded pretty deep before now its alot louder and ricier so I’m gonna put a resonator on there. Installing it was easy just breaking the bolts loose was hard on a few. Just get somone to help you an extra pair of hands really helps you.

can anyone measure the diamteters of the exhaust ports on it? im sure theres got to be some DC meaurements around here somewhere… me prsonally ive got a DC ceramic and ive smashed it as well so dont think only your header hangs low…im thinking of picking one up to replace my dented DC…by far the best head i had was a lightspeed 1 piece 4-2-1 header