Maaco screwed up....

damn bro, i’m sorry to hear you spent that much. i spent less than that and that was with body welding and rust removal and i think i got my money’s worth.

lolz

i got a lady friends car painted at a macco for like 550 with some body work

u got raped for the price u paid

Complain with the BBB in your state about the over charge and shitty work. you will have a better chance. also take that estimate to a few body shops and have them look at. what was there hourly rate for prep,paint and body work?

Kb8thekid- your car looks really good, and thats all i was expecting when i dropped mine off, how much did you pay? If you dont mind me asking.

I plan on contacting the bbb if things don’t go well with the big shots, i believe the labor rate was 53 an hour.

Damn, 2700 for a single stage paintjob. OUCH.

i payed $600 with body work for my civic, single stage paintjob at maaco.

they probably charged that much because of your rusted quarter panel, but instead of actually cutting and replacing it they probably just used bondo, which is wrong… lol

i’d be super pissed if i was in your shoes.

-karlo

No they did actually cut it out and re weld it, prob is they did it all f’d up so it looks like a huge dent. And beleive me, im not happy at all. Thats a dope lookin ef though, props for the old school:)

Im startting to wonder if enough people on here agree with me and can post there opinions and i can show them maybe they might get the hint. Just a thought…

you have to go to a body shop “We” cant help on making them change there mines

I understand that, im just trying to find a way to back up my case.

[QUOTE=jdm_db2608;2075472]Kb8thekid- your car looks really good, and thats all i was expecting when i dropped mine off, how much did you pay? If you dont mind me asking.

I plan on contacting the bbb if things don’t go well with the big shots, i believe the labor rate was 53 an hour.[/QUOTE]

i think i paid about 1900 or 2000 for it or less, i can’t remember(have to look at my estimate again). but that’s with all the rust removal, dings and dents removed, cutting and welding parts of the car together, all the holes closed out and shaved, wing removal and front lip and sideskirt paint and install. It was 2 coats of paint and 3-4 of clear, and of course all the water sanding and etc…

see, and mine is only a single stage paint and they did everything the same as yours minus the side skirts and front lip, and it was 2700 dollars

its hard to tell from the pictures but from the sounds of it. yeah, you got ripped off.

My only suggestion would be is too just talk to the manager and keep your cool. threats of sueing will get you know where.

I manage a carwash myself and have had many people tell me there gonna sue me. 99% of the time there just trying to use scare tactics and realy have no intentions of it. Just keep that it mind, because im sure thats the mind set he’ll be in.

if they wont fix it. then maybe its time to actually talk to a layer. GL

Yea, i’ve always kept my cool with them. thanks for the advice, i was hoping someone with buisness expeirence would chime in.

Yeouch!! I just looked at the pics, that honestly looks like the $50 rattle can job. I’m so sorry man you got raped for sure :frowning:

looks awful

the paint looks good in person, but def not worth the money i paid.

Well coperate called me back today and after some arguing, they agreed they would take responsiblity for it, so it will be corrected at their expense.:rockon:

this is a new one to add to the collection. Sorry for the drift.

Lol, im bad with spelling, i thought i said that so i went back and read all of my posts to make sure. lol

:lol:

Hey you got lucky, they are fixing it and not trying to screw you over. But next time, just take it to a real shop, lol.