JDM GSR at the TRACK 1st RUN

ok… even then. it still doesnt make sense. all those upgrades and only a second faster…

stop lying!.. i know you were SPRAYING to get that 10.1 time lol j/k

1 sec fast in a dragstip is a big upgrade… 1 second faster in the 8th mile is about a 3 car difference… in an 1/4 mile its almost 4 cars… about the 90-110 mph range… so cutting a complete second in a quarted mile is an big upgrade… any other person that is familiar with drapstrips will tell you this also. my car was NEVER meant to be a “RACE CAR”… especially a “DRAG CAR”… is was simply made to be a fun car that i can enjoy everyday… that is perfectly balanced with speed, handeling and reliability… thats what my goal is with this car. =)… now stop hating because you still have an LS engine lol j/k :rockon:

Ya’ll need jesus!

Alright so I would love to add to this post because it is so perfect for me. Ok so I am from Manassas, VA. I go to Old Dominion Speedway which is a 1/8th a mile track. I drive a 1990 Acura Integra LS. With only an AEM Short Ram I used to go 10.1/10.2 all day. Now after a year of driving around on fried rings I decide to change it out for a newer motor. At the time I can only afford a 94 B18B1. Now in my opinion it is still a STOCK LS so the year of the motor does not matter but if you want to argue that fact then by all means do so. Now I drive around street racing every weekend for 2 years and put god knows how many miles on that motor always going to the track running 9.9/10 time slips. I eventually land a job at a local performance shop and on track days the owner tells me I’m not launching high enough and my tire pressure isn’t right. So I take his advice and launch at 5k and turn the tires down to 20psi. I have eliminated all wheel hops and with an average time of 9.7 I think I’m hot shit. Imagine 3/10 of a second just because I changed the tire pressure and launched higher. Who knew? Now believe it if you want but in the end an intake, exhaust, header combo with a/c and power steering removed full interior DB1 I managed a 9.5 all day long now. Now if it is cold enough outside it is possible for me to get 9.4 passes but very rare. Now if there are any arguments let me know. And I will do my best to make you a believer. Otherwise just know the LS are a very great motor if you learn how to drive such as I did.

hmmmm, I’ve seen stock LS’s dip into the 9’s, I’m sure that B18C will get into the low 9’s for sure.

My stock H22 3G prelude (heavier) is in the 8.7’s. no reason why a B18C shouldn’t be quicker in a lighter g2 teggy.

how is that prelude hitting 8.7?.. no way its stock… built?

i recently went back to the track and hit a 9.3

I don’t doubt that it made 9.3 not bad at all. Also the 8.7 in the 3g Prelude is possible if you know how to drive properly. An ex had an H22 Accord and we got it to 8.8 once but it mostly did 8.9-9.0 all day in the eighth. Same reasoning for why my LS is capable of a 9.4. Just get the launch, shift, and tire pressure right and it’s easy.

It’s a 1991 Honda Prelude Si with a JDM H22A/lsd trans and 23" slicks @ 9 psi.

Full bolt ons

Custom header
ported Euro R manifold
70mm TB
2.5" exhaust (it’s still restricting me, I’ll upgrade to a 3" very soon)
port matched head (just enlarged the openings to the manifold and header, nothing serious)
Bisimoto tuned.

Made 211whp 160tq I believe.

3in a little much. On an NA setup 70mm usually a good match. Gives it that better flow then a 60mm but not crazy loud like some 3in exhausts can be. Just my opinion. Also I think you can do WAY better since an Accord isn’t exactly light either and on an off the shelf street tire BFG the accord was damn near doing those times in ball sweating ass heat.

By the way this is nice no one is flipping a shit at times that seem not so usual and what not. I tried talking on a post like this on Honda-Tech and they were some straight dicks!

Oh the car is pretty much doing its best in NA trim…

And a 3" exhaust on any honda motor has been proven to show significant gains. I’m all about power for this car.

I don’t think anything lower then a high 13 second pass can happen on my setup.

Once built, for sure mid 12’s.

I believe that accord made an 8.8 pass, depending on sea level, temp, weight of the vehicle.

But if the H22 was infact stock, the accord wasn’t insanely weight reducted, then I do doubt it’ll hit the 8.8 mark. I think my 8.7 was a fluke, my car should be around 8.9-9.2 mark 8.8

If that accord was all stock, an 8.8 would put it around a mid 13 second mark, which is just insane. My 20g WRX wagon barely dipped into the mid/high 13’s with lots done to it.

92 lx accord with JDM H22 non/lsd i/h/e, no cat, and msd external coil and wires, ngk 3330’s, on rota slips 16 by 7 and 205-50/16 bfg gforce sports lowered with skunk2 springs and tokico blues

was done in northern va

also u r right about the 3in but thats top end i prefer low down to much loss in back presure on my ls kills me low end not sure on h22 though

back pressure is the enemy, you never want it.

After doing some math, that accord must have been impressive… I would guesstimate around 250whp out of a stock H22…

Which intake/header/exhaust were you using to gain such a great power band?

Honestly I’m not sure. The car was put togehter for my ex when she blew the f22 from one of the oil seals taking a crap on her. The header was a DC Sports off a 92-96 Prelude bolted to a 2.5in exhaust all the way back no res/no cat so it was louder then hell. But even the guy who we had put the motor in said that H22 ran better then any other he had ever done in 5 years of honda swapping. I guess we just got lucky.

well ofcourse you will run 8’s with slicks lol duh… we are front whel drive cars… we are handicaped at starts from a stop… slicks make a HUGE difference with our cars… not to mention the lsd trans… and that engine in that older lighter prelude chasis… sounds right. 9.3 ON STREET TIRES with FULL INTERIOR is about right… so stop saying i can do better lol… im not a professional driver by any means… but I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE MY SHIT lol… had it since high school… wow… i cant believe i have had my DA for 7 years =) :rofl:

Well IDK how it is were you from but that isn’t right. You SHOULD be doing 9 flat and DO NEED to drive better cause I know what that setup is capable of on street tires with full interior. 9.3 is good for a beginner. Sorry if I sound like a dick but I’m just honest that’s all. But if you think that’s good great be proud you should be. But a GSR in an eg 4dr does 8.8 with a good driver why are you only doing 9.3 when my LS does 9.4. Anyways sorry if I piss on anyones good day but I just think Honda’s need more credit and the times I see people post upset me greatly.

ok i respect ur opinion slw4dr… thats whats awesome about this forum… it lets everyone and anyone express their opinions freely… but now that thats out of the way… u need to shut ur mouth lol… NO WAY IS A 4 door eg with a STOCK GSR engine with bolt ons ON STREET TIRES running 8.8… i smell bull shit lol… 8.8 is already in the mid to low 13 second 1/4 range… doesnt make any sense… my da ran a 9.3 which is around the low maybe 14 flat second range… a stock type r with a professional driver runs about 14.7 1/4 time… so my gsr with some boltones and flywheel and clutch upgrade in a slightly heavier body than a type r is running 14 flat… tjats about right… so whats ur opinion on that?.. what do you have anyway?.. what are your personal experiences on the 1/8 or 1/4? mods? what setup?.. hahaha i love this kinda debates lol =) :rofl: anyone to agrres or dissagrees please jump in at any time… whould love to hear everyones experiences and setups… ?

I’m not sure what it all translates to in quarter mile time but those are times I have witnessed personally and seen done. Eighth mile yes those times are no BS. Now if that translates to a faster time in the quarter then what is normal then IDK what the deal is. My stock LS does 9.5 all day long in the eighth and if I get a good enough pass I’ve busted out a 9.4 twice. I was located in Manassas, VA during all these times at Old Dominion Dragway. Now the closest quarter track was in Budds Creek, MD I think and then I believe Richmond has one too. I have never been so I don’t know quarter. So if you say the cars are going faster then they should then by all means that is your opinion. But again this is an internet forum and I’m not looking for a pissing match. If anyone has a problem with my times then come to track one day with me and I’ll show ya. But I live in FL now so IDK what the car will run now cause different climate and sea level and what not.(Sorry if I don’t make sense I tend to ramble LOL)

1990 Integra LS 4DR
B18B1
AEM Short RAm Intake
92 Integra Header and Cat
Oem Exhaust
No AC/PS
Cut Springs/Stock Shocks
195/60R14 on steelies(STREET TIRE, not drag radial)

That is my EXACT setup when I ran a 9.4 both times.
If I find the time slip I will post it but I usually toss them but on that setup I was able to do 9.5 all day long. If it was to hot out I might only do 9.6 that day.

THEIR IS NO FUCKING WAY A STOCK LS FOUR DOOR… WITH JUST A SHORT RAM AND SOME SMALL 195 tires WILL RUN A 9.4 lol… TAKE A VIDEO!!! YOU DAMN LIAR! lol ANYONE ELSE HERE AGREE WITH ME!? BACK ME UP DAMNIT!! lol

and not to mention its the early model G2… that claims 10hp less from the factory…