J1 tranny does it have LSD?

both wheels should turn in the SAME direction. if one turns one way, and the other turns the opposite, its Open. same way is Limited Slip. it must be aftermarket

Well it looks like he did search or tried to do some research, if he came up with the point of the different number of splines.

If the transmission is from a 90-91 car, it will bolt up to your tranny perfectly, since you have a 91. However, if it is from a 92-93, you will need to buy a clutch disc for a 92-93.

For instance, let’s say you have a 91 LS and you buy a 92 GSR tranny. You just need to buy a clutch disc for a 92 LS. This is because the 90-91’s and 92-93’s have a different number of splines on the discs, so a 90-91 disc won’t fit on a 92-93 tranny and vice versa.

Hope this helps. By the way, I would just get a tranny that will bolt directly to your car, so that you don’t waste money on another disc; unless, of course, you have the stock clutch, in which case it would be a good time to put in an aftermarket clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel. I have the ACT XTSS and Prolite on a J1 tranny. The acceleration is crucial :drool:
I pretty much take any other Honda until 3rd (pull hard on my friend’s Civic with GSR swap and I/H/E, in 1st and 2nd), and pull 2.1 60’s at the track. :dance:

I have a 91 and the J1 was only offered in 90-91, does that mean it bolts right up? and i wont need the clutch disc?

anybody know?