Going back to Honda (w/ FI 14b on LSvtec.)

Yep, pretty much what i was saying…

The uber data is a good way to go to, much cheaper :slight_smile:

As for the 350hp thing, i can guarantee you that you are wrong about that. If you want to go ahead and say that one can make 350hp (btw you should specify whp or not, cause its a big difference) with 150 shot on the car thats something completely different. I know people have made around 300, but 350 is quite a leap from that, hehe.

I do know about tuners, I dont need to visit. I am a wiseman on there (candela is my screenname) and I used to be #9 in the country with a 14b (12.2 et’s) and I was only making about 273whp. Not that that is to relevant, Im just saying that 350 has not and will not be done on boost alone with a 14b. If you want to prove me wrong then feel free to try, just make sure you use a reliable source cause I would be quite interested to see how that is possible.

Ok. Uncle!
It’s 300 whp–not 350 whp. (I suppose to some degree I was exaggerating. I just didn’t feel like giving the benefit of the doubt, so defended my little 14b.)
And yes, a 150 shot nitrous, with a 14b is a different story.

In any case, would you mind if I bothered you in the future about engine management advice, set-up and tuning proceedures? From your DSMwiseman status you “probably” know what you’re talking about, considering it’s damn hard to be a DSMwiseman.

well if you aren’t being sarcastic, then no not at all…

I didn’t mean to come off as a dick if I did. I loved my many 14b’s to :up: Good luck,

Austin

GRRRRR :shock:

No, I was not being sarcastic. I was complementing you. It’s tough getting across stuff like this over the internet. Words are so ambiguous in text form.(Your assumption though is justified though, as since the G2IC forum does have alot of harsh responses–I suppose assuming negatively is a knee-jerk reaction when people are given complements on the boards.)
Anyhow…I’ve read up on your stuff over at DSMtuners.com. You know your stuff.
Anyhow…as for engine management, I’ve got a million questions, and then some.

Questions and Update

Does anyone know how to tune DSM 450cc injectors on an HKS SAFR? (From what I understand, the PWO, along with most OEM ECU’s, can correct injector pulse widths by 10% max, from O2 sensor inputs.)
Also, I’m having problems wiring my Auto Meter A/F Ratio gauge. (This is how I have it set-up: Red: positive/ignition, black: ground, purple:O2 wire-intercepted to ECU). Do I have this wired correctly?

Also, due to budgeting reasons, along with others, my FI LSvtec build will be postponed until the summer. But this looks like the new plan:
original PR4 rods, and original PR4 pistons, with new OEM honda rings
new ACL C.S. and rod bearings
Stock 81mm bore/block
HKS headgasket.

I’m also going to use an OEM B18a exhaust manifold flange (to ex. ports), and an OEM 4G63 ex. manifold turbo flange, (of course, cut off from original manifolds), and have TEM machine shop make me a custom equal length tubular manifold, with an EGT hole drilled and tapped.
I’m still going to use the 14b, thus I can use the OEM DSM DP, and o2 housing.
The problem I think I might run into, with the DSM DP, is clearing the oil pan, and mating my cat conv/greddy exhaust.

Also, I’ve got another question, are JE piston rings the same dimensions as Honda OEM rings, and fit in honda piston rings grooves equally?

Also, has anyone used a B16a crankshaft in a B18 block, and if so, what was the static compression ratio? Would it be something extremely low? (like 6.0:1?)

-Andrew

You might need this. Turbo Housing Check out the rest of the stuff this seller is selling too.

Thanks for the reply. But I already have a stock turbine housing that I was planning on using. I’m a little lost as to what it is you’re suggesting I buy.
I was planning on using the DSM turbine housing, O2 housing, down pipe, oil lines, and coolant lines.
(That is, if I decide not to sell all of the FI parts. And for the most part, everything that I’ve been trying to sell–I’ve been low-balled at.)

-Andrew

What that link is is a turbine hosunig to covnert the 14B to a T3 inlet style flange, if you were to use T3 style. Interesting. never seen that before

do they make an adapter to go from a t3 mani to a 14b or t25 from a dsm? if so where do i get one cause i would rather have a 14b or maybe a bit larger dsm turbo then a t3 cause i dont need that much power

I have heard of Greddy making an adapter for their manifold, to run the DSM 14b, 16g, 20g etc…type of turbo’s.
On Harberdasher’s turbo guide he discusses the 14b manifold adapters.
I think if you’ve already got a T3, why not just stay with that?
What the 14b will do, is just move the spool up time to lower engine speeds.

-Andrew