GC top mount, GC's, and Koni Yellows (assembly)

Where did you buy these from? Getting ready to spring for this set up as well. Any info would be appreciated.

i bought the springs and the upper mounts directly from ground-control.com and bought the koni’s from IAPdirect.com. if i could go it again i’d look around for some used koni’s first. i just finished installing everything a little while ago and ran into a couple problems. first it was a pain in the ass to move the brake line mounts on the front stock shocks to the koni’s. then i snapped the pinch bolt that goes in the damper fork and had to re-groove it which took quite a bit of time. but all in all things went in pretty smoothly. tomorrow i have to adjust the springs, however, because they aren’t all even.

Thanks! Do you have a camber kit for the front? If so what kind? And you will have to get it alligned and let us know how much camber/ toe you have!

Too be honest, I think you did better by buying the shocks brand new. Here is why : You NEVER know how someone was using them. In other words, someone could have used spring rates over 600lbs, or just flat out dumped their car. Basically forms of abuse you would never know about.

Now used coilovers, no biggie. You did good. Glad you got everything installed, even though there were some complications. I KNOW it is worth the ride.

Oh and another question…what spring rates did you go with?

Thanks again.

i don’t have a camber kit yet but i’ll probably get one in the following weeks. i’m hoping to get it aligned tomorrow because i have an autocross on sunday and i don’t want any toe wear on my tires. anyway, the spring rates are 380F/475R.

Thanks again. Good luck this weekend! Let us know how those spring rates turn out, for street and track use. I am interested as I know you can custom order spring rates. A lot of people are recommending a 400 front, and 500 rear. But those are on DC2’s…so let us know.

:slight_smile:

Any feedback on your set up? Thanks.

woah this is an old thread. anyway, the set up is great! installation was a breeze and took probably 5 hours or so. i’ve only run 2 events on them so far but there was a HUGE difference. i don’t regret spending any of the money on them that i did. all parts are highly recommended.

thats justification to spend the extra buck to get quality parts. id feel a lot safer knowing that steel my car rides on didnt cost me $50 from ebay.