finished my cluster swap :)

actually they call it the VSS in our cars too, ours is just mechanical, a cable from the VSS through the firewall into the back of our cluster.

I see my DA has a cable with out any VSS, well in someway. I forgot to put tha cable back on one time wile swaping the JDM DA cluster and the check engine light came on. So the ITR Cluster G3’s are more complec. on the speed cable right? they requier a VSS wire hook up and a P/S hook up?
hemmm. …okay

very true sir… I was just trying to make it simple :bow:

koo

do u hafta do any molding for the new cluster to fit and look good?

for a DC cluster? yes. They are oval shaped and ours aren’t. You’ll have some empty spaces at the corners

Awesome. I have been lagging big time on my swap. Got the same cluster 97 jdm itr. With 96 gsr cluster wiring. Got it all wired up to my black dash I am about to swap in. just need to run two wires from the dash (vss signal, and vss ignition power) to the vss. I made a bracket out of aluminum that has mounts to the cluster, and has the same monting places as the g2 cluster so it just bolts in. Also made a small bracket on the top, to move it back like 1/2" so it’s level. I just gotta cut the back side of the g2 bezel off, and cut the back side of the g3 bezel off, and mold the back of the g3 bezel to the rest of the g2 bezel so it looks stock. I also modded my switches, and heater/ac controls to light up amber. I got some extra switches if you want. Also need to get a vss. Do you know if a 94 ls will work. Also do you know if you can just swap the top part of the vss, cause the top is removabel. It seems the difference in them is one accepts the cable, and one has the signal plug, but I haven’t removed the top of mine to see the difference in them. We did take one apart from my friends 94 ls. I removed my ps too.

yeah, get some day pics.

thats nice

hey i was wondering how long it took you to do it and if everything works perfect. Also how much can you do it for those of us who are interested.

sorry for the late replies everyone. life has kept me super busy on top of recently getting another car too…soooo…

it takes a bit of work. if you are well inclined to do electrical work, the majority of it is just time consuming (and a little back pain intensive, lol). then there is the fab issue for a bezel…not that hard if you know what you’re doing…

to answer the question, i’d be more than williing to do installs for people. i don’t have a clue for how much, cause i love working on these cars, so i’m sure something could be worked out. lol. i’ve also considered producing the bezels to make the fitment work and selling them if anyone is interested. thanks guys!

vss

wats up man…getin a b18c5 swap in my 93 ls…i was wondering if u can give me some info on rewiring that cluster up…thats about the only thing i need to learn about a little more…and so far… im clueless
any websites, info or hints u can give me

id really appreciate it…i fu get this??

See if this will help ^ out

90-93 integra ls pinout

PIN Wire Color Wire Function
A1 Yellow/Red Seat Belt Reminder Light
A2 Green/Red Parking Brake Switch Light
A3 Green/Black Hatch Open Indicator Light
A4 Green/Red Low Fuel Indicator Light
A5 Yellow/White Fuel Gauge
A6 Yellow/Red ECM, Trans Control, Moduel TCM, Cruise Unit, VSS
A7 Red Gauge Lights, Dash Light Dim
A8 Empty
A9 Red/Black Gauge Lights
A10 Green/Yellow Right Turn Signal Indicator

B1 Green/Blue Left Turn Signal Indicator
B2 Red/Blue High Beam Indicator
B3 Blue/Red ABS Indicator Light
B4 Blue Tachometer
B5 Green/Red Door Open Indicator Light
B6 Yellow/Green Engine Coolant Temp Gauge
B7 Black Ground
B8 Yellow Ignition Power
B9 Green/Orange Malfunction Indicator (Ck Eng.) Light
B10 Black/Yellow Charging Sysem
B11 White/Blue Charging System (Battery) Light
B12 Yellow/Red Low Engine Oil Pressure Light

C1 Red Cruise Control Unit
C2 Red/Black Gauge Lights - Cruise Control Dimming Circuit
C3 Empty
C4 Empty
C5 Black Cruise Control Ground
C6 Empty
C7 Yellow Ignition Power for Cruise Control Unit

96 gsr pinout

PIN Wire Color Wire Function
B1 Red/Blue Seat Belt Reminder
B2 Lt Greeb/Red Door Open Indicator Light
B3 Yellow/White Fuel gauge
B4 Blue/White Low Fuel Indicator Light
B5 Empty
B6 Orange VSS
B7 Green Hatch Open Indicator Light
B8 Blue/Red ABS Control Unit
B9 Red Gauge Lights, Dash Light Dim
B10 Red/Black Gauge Lights
B11 Black/Yellow Charging Sysem & VSS
B12 Empty
B13 Green/Blue Left Turn Signal Indicator
B14 Green/Yellow Right Turn Signal Indicator
B15 Red/Green High Beam Indicator
B16 Green/Red Parking Brake Switch Light

D1 Empty
D2 Pink Maintenance Reminder Light
D3 Empty
D4 Yellow Ignition Power
D5 Red/Blue Cruise Light
D6 Black Ground
D7 Yellow/Green Engine Coolant Temp Gauge
D8 Empty
D9 White/Blue Charging System Light
D10 Empty
D11 Yellow/Red Low Engine Oil Pressure Light
D12 Green/Orange Malfunction Indicator (Ck Eng.) Light
D13 Blue Tachometer - ICM

A1 Yellow Ignition Power - SRS
A2 Empty
A3 Black SRS Ground
A4 Empty
A5 Blue SRS Unit

do you have any daytime pics of it :clap: and this would be a great teg tips article :rockon:

somebody should grab some old wiring harnesses and make a converson harness for this swap

im havin a problem. i did a auto to manual conversion and one of the plugs wont plug in. its the one (auto) that goes to the park, neutral, etc. what do i do, because w/o this plugged in its causing a buzzing sound

i wanna see what it looks like during the day. how it fits in the dash.

what else is needed if i get the wiring from a 91 accord? also did u have to cut the original wires that go into the back of the DA guage cluster?

We Are All Dying For Some Daytime Pics Puhlease

hey can you give me directions on how to swap a 93 da cluster to a dc2 cluster?

lay off the crack.

ditto on what Maral said

if you have to ask how to do it, you probably wont be doing it