excesive shifter play

Craig -

www.acuraautomotiveparts.org

Great site for decent priced OEM parts for our car. Anyway, I looked on there, and found the following. It’s actually the same pic in my link to my previous post from above. But this time I looked at the descriptions of each part. So anyway, without further ado, here’s the measurement:

95204 028 1 PIN, SPRING (8X20) 1.05 0.90

So the size is 8mm x 20mm

Now just so you know, if you’ve never seen one of these, they aren’t just like a solid pin. It’s actually hollow, and not one solid cylinder (pin). Hard to describe, but basically what I’m trying to say is that it’s able to be “condensed” when it is slid into the hole to lock the the linkage with gear selector. It kinda looks seraded/toothed. Ahhh it’s too hard to explain! I hope you understand what I’m trying to say. If anyone else can explain it better, please do!

HTH

– Kevin :slight_smile:

allright thanks. ill pick that up as soon as possible.

when mine was sloppy, i found that the round bushing end that bolts to the tranny with the two large washers was loose. several times even. finally smothered the bolt with loctite and it seems to have held. made sure i put in some grease so the friction doesnt loosen it up again. i have the es bushings and skunk2 shifter.

on a side note: if its too stiff, you may have tightened the bottom of the shifter too much, especially with short shifters. loosen it up and try again.

My stock shifter got incredibly stiff over time, to the point where I couldn’t feel the shifter click into gear at all, the effort was equally hard everywhere. Was a combination of the fact that the bottom bolt was too tight and the sleeve inside the shifter was pretty much solidified to the shifter due to dried grease.