Crappy gas mileage...???

im tryin to save as much gas as i can, gas is high here around 2.30 regular so its killing me :frowning:

Itā€™s just your gauge donā€™t worry about it.

Mine stays at full for about 60 miles then drops rapidly (about 30 miles) to right above the middle. It stays around the middle for around 80 miles, then drops again pretty rapidly to right above empty. I get about 60 miles above empty, and then below I get about 60 more miles before I decide to fill up (light still isnā€™t on yet).

It seems like I get real bad gas milage if you go by the gauge, but if you really think about it Iā€™m about normal. The gauge is just inacurate.

i guess youā€™re right because the needle does that and it urks me, guess ill just fill up when the gas light comes on, then ill calculate how much gas i used :think:

Iā€™m always thinking my gas mileage sucks ass, but then I think again:

I drive more than 60 miles a dayā€¦ and my engine was designed for a car with a bigger gas tank (googling to back that statement up)

edit:

From MSN AUTOS on the CRV: Fuel Economy (city / hwy): Four-Wheel Drive

2.0L 126 hp I4
4-Speed Automatic Overdrive 22 / 25 mpg

from NCTD.com :

Fuel capacity: 15.3 gal.

as opposed to the integraā€™s 13.2 gallons.

when i hear people whine about how they do 20mpg and they used to to 30mpg, i say: well mine does about 7.5mpg so quit crying :slight_smile:

why

why what? why it only does 7.5mpg? i have no clue, iā€™ll have to investigate but its winter around here, i just shoveled 1.5" of snow in the backyard to move the car and i dont have a garage so itā€™ll have to wait until spring

I love my Prelude. Digital Gas meters rock.