Changing interior bulbs / led swap

yes

the corner light question is yes and the look damn good
just finished this swap today also. one thing to let u know is the upper bulbs are the small ones and in the back there are 2 194’s so if u want to light up the needles blue get the top ones blue or whatever if that helps

Skinyas23, do you have a pic of your corner lights? also did you buy your led’s from superbrightleds.com?

so no problems so far?

I dont have any pics so far but i bought the white 194 single bulbs and they look better than stock time 100. I will try to get the pics of my guages and corners on here soon for you though. but trust me on this you wont be disappointed. ONe other thing is that the climate control ones are hard to get to

pics…

sry i’m slow but i’ll have them by the end of the week hopefully and i dont work tomorrow so i’ll try to figure it out and post um

i can help you post pics if you need help e-mail me simplisticmindz@yahoo.com

can someone post a link on how they vented the dash? I was hoping to see some different ways of doing it before I tried this. I have a extra guage cluster I might do this too. integ21 I really like the way that looks cause I have the same guages in mine, not exactly the same, but you’re the only person I’ve seen with some that look almost exactly like mine. Do you have to have that box on the back? The regular bulbs will do it without the box right?

sorry for the double post

Just wanted to give :up: on a cool project!

Vented the dash? like heater/ac vents? … not sure what you mean.

I kept the lil box that inverts and dims the EL gauges (if thats what you ment), im not sure if you could remove it but I left it there for dimming purposes.

:bow:

I thought it said that you have to vent the dash for the led bulbs?:think: Maybe I just read it wrong.

What exactly do the reds and the yellow light up? I just want to make sure before I order some. I want to make most of mine blue, but I like how integ21 made the gauges white so you can see them. I do have a problem seeing mine now.

When he said “vent dash out” he was refering to the dash panel that has the buttons and vents.

I think the yellow and red lights the numbers on the gauge cluster, if you have the same gauge overlays like mine the overlay will cover any light coming through the numbers, at least thats what mine do. Adding the white LEDs helped alot with seeing the needles and I dont mind that they light up the whole gauge cluster, its just that easier to see.

I know what you mean cause it’s hard to see mine at night and one of the bulbs is out on the right.

ok help pls…soo i havent read nuthin bout the lil tiny “climate control button” BULBS! all i see is 194s, 24s, 74s? and from comparing the bulbs, thos $h!ts are hella small!? and i see pics of these guys doin it? soo help pls wid the climate control buttons bulbs pls??? i been check out that superlumination site. help pls. also are the guys doin this using leds? or glass 1s?

i’m in the process of changing all my interior bulbs also but for some reason my bulbs are different. i tried changing the 2 top bulbs for the gauge cluster to 74 (regular bulbs) and they fit but they don’t push in all the way. for the cigarette lighter, ashtray, climate control, and the zone area it’s all the same bulbs which i don’t know the size because i tried 74 but it’s too big. i saw the 24 at schucks and it’s way too big, looks bigger than a 194. i’m just gonna go to honda to buy my bulbs. i tried a local electronics warehouse and the smallest bulb they carried was the 74 also for wedge types. btw my climate control and zone area is manual not the push button type and it only has 2 bulbs for those. i was going to go LED but i’ll just go with regular for now cause i don’t want to risk getting the wrong sized bulbs.

Red LEDs

I just finished putting some Red LEDs into my car. Here’s the pictures of how that came out.

I ended up taking out the clear blue plastic thing that directs the light to the needles, and had to put electrical tape inside the housing to dim the light, and also over the tips of the LEDs. Otherwise the two lights wash out the backlighting.

I also suggest disconnecting the speedo from the tranny to make things easier, and while you’re at it lube it up.

Did this LED swap about a month ago, finally got some pics

Really impressed bout the results, bright and lighted up evenly!

10X better than those stupid reverse indiglo!!!

Light intensity is still adjustable!

I used blue for the meters + climate control and 2 white LED for the top (ones that light up the needles).

I took the blue plastic taken off the top of the gauge cluster and softened the light by replacing it with a white sheet of paper to reduce glare + more blue from the meters.

Gauge cluster

Climate control

Thx awalp!

Oh ye! If you planning to do this swap, make sure all your LEDs are correctly polaritized before putting everything back!

That looks damn good azntklc. Very nice write up Awalp