best blow off valve location

i looked into this and evry 90 degrees of bend makes a pressure drop of just under 1 psi, heat as you had said doesnt make a differance(appologies) but as for the bends making a loss of boost that is true. the sharper the bend the worse it gets, check the boost immidiately after the IC then at the throttle body and there will be a differance in pressure because of the tight fit.

I could kinda see it reducing pressure but it shouldn’t effetc anything. and If the 1psi per tight 90* elbow were true, then almost every boosted ap would ahve to run 4-5PSI higher to achieve this. my setup has 6 tight radius 90* bends and I run 10.5PSI at the turbo,a dn 10.3 to 10.4PSI at the manifold. As you can see, I suffer from 0 loss. That .1 to .2 is most likely goin to be comngi from the IC itself. That’s why I’m saynig it shouldn’;t effect anythnig, because it hasn’t made any major effetc on any boosted apps. Are you boosted? Then you should know that 1PSI per tight 90* isn’t true.

I realzied I may have soudend like a dick so appoligies, Just friendly arguement hehe. :clap:

– lol…

:manual: :manual:

in a nutshelll, place the bov where you want !?

IMO place it where it’s been proven to work fine time and time again… Anywhere between the TB and Turbo :smiley: :manual:

Let’s face it… cut massive holes in your IC so you don’t have to worry about compressor surge. :up:

Or get a turbo with a ported shroud/anti surge housing :smiley:

On a side note, does anyone know if they ACTUALYL prevent surge? and if yes, how much? enoguh to not run a BOV? :stuck_out_tongue:

Life sucks without a BOV! :squint:

this guyy knwos teh boost

hksbun.gif

The anti-surge housings do work very well but I would still use a blow off valve. And just to add a good explaination as to why Full-Race puts the BOV on the end tank of the intercooler; Picture blowing into a drinking straw with your finger over the end of it (boost). Now take you finger off (pressure loss/bov). That’s like having the BOV close to the throttle body. Now repeat the same action and this time remove your mouth instead of your finger. Get the idea :naughty:

interesting analogy, but what does it assume exactly?

wtf is an anti-surge housing? i thought it was just lingo.

Maybe it’s just me, but removing your mouth would assume IC piping blowing off at the compressor. :lol:

Notice the ported shroud on the compressor inlet. Thats the antisurge housing.

BTW thats my turbo :wink:

where does it lead to and how does it work?

I’m really confused on how the turbine can still push air, while the “compressor surge” air can be pulled through the sides?

I get the concept, it would only divert the air into the pre-turbo piping and maybe not cause a reverse rotation… but the physics just boggle me… it seriously seems like it’s worthless since I just can’t get past the fact of two “wind channels” that go the opposite way so closely together.

The ported shroud housing feeds air directly to the exducer