Battery sparked, now no power to the car!!

Check the fuse for your alternator (yes, there is one)… it’s in the fuse box behind your drivers side kick panel.

Also make sure your negative cable is making good contact (not burnt or corroded)

Well i checked all my fuses and replaced 2, but still shuttin down when accessories are on. All fuses seem to be fine know so i dont get it. With no accessories on the car has good charge, it starts up easy and motor sounds fine…

Also replaced both positive and negative cables.

Just an idea,
but have you checked your voltage with a digital volt meter?

Will do, ill check after i get off work.
For the hell of it incase it did somehow fry my alternator in the process, has anyone had a dead alt and can tell me some symptoms of what happend with it fried?

Never happened to me, but I thing the symptoms would be a lot like what is happening now… Maybe a bad alt and an almost dead battery could do this. This is the first thing I thought when you said it was dying with accessories!

In the past 3 days ive checked the charging system and the alt is good, the battery was bad. And i just replaced the battery.

How is the new battery doing?

So i dont have to keep repeating things,
all of this was done a few days ago
BATTERY
BOTH CABLES
ALL FUSES
alternator check/ fine

Well we thought the alarm would be part of the problem along with the power wire running to the fuse box and the main grounds to the engine. So we took out the alarm and ran the new power and ground wires. Now for some reason the speedo only sticks at 18mph. I know its not the speedo cable since the mileage still goes up. Any ideas??
Also we checked the voltage with everything on and of and it all turned up fine. Nothing wrong with the battery and the alternator.

Well i just removed the whole harness and reattched shit, but still no tach. I dont see a single wire hanging anywhere or that looks loose. THe odo is still turning so i know its not the cable. The weird thing is the speedo is stuck at 18mph??

Until i can figure this problem out, can anyone post some of there speeds at what rpm so i can avoid a ticket.
This is a 93 ls.
TIA

man, sounds like you have some kinda luck =). i go like 35 at 2.5krpm and 40 at 3krpm in 3rd

lol
yeah my luck blowws…
Well do you know the gear you were in when you got those #'s?

:read: :slight_smile:

lol
I was tired, didnt see that.