B17a blown now what?

Dont get me wrong, i would love to throw in a LS/Vtec into the car, I’m just kindof confused on the whole putting together of the head and block, (and yes i did readup about it on the Teg Tips.) But itd be helpfull if it was more like the Helms manual with piccs and step by step process for putting the LS block on the GSR head. “B17a head head” And no, im not asking for help, and no im not asking questions about LS/Vtec. Im just stating my opinion on it. I’ve done the searches and everything i just dont feel like the info available is enough for me to be 100% confident to do the assembly and work on it. this is my first rebuild and im kinda hesitant on building a LS/Vtec my first build. If there is a writeup on B17a head + LS Block, from the bare block to the bare head to complete build. I’d be happy to read it and do it. But with the writeups ive seen there are simple differences that prevent me from trying it. So no, dont say search, its been done, and Im not asking for help on doing the LS/Vtec, im just saying whats holding me back. But yeah, I am probably gonna try to get in touch with someone who has done the B17a head and see if they can write it up.
Just one question thought- Are there different types of LS blocks? or will any year, any LS block work? If this has been answered before, just dont answer it, im sorry for asking it twice, ill search again. Lates.

LS short blocks

all the ls/rs/gs bottom ends are the same. they are all 1834cc the only variations are the oil pan difference between 90/91-92-01. and the other differences are the combustion chamber and exhaust manifold design of b18a/b’s (90-91’130hp, 92-93’140hp, 94-01’142hp) what the differnce between 93 and 94 is i dont know. mabye some of u 2nd genners would know more about yalls earlier motors, as i am a 3rd gen owner.
also u should consider the crv 2 liter shortblock under your b17 head it would be a real scorcher and u might could sell the head for a hundred bux
the crv’s shortblock (for changing to vtec) is the same as an ls
although some say the valve reliefs arent deep enough for type r cams
and there are 3 different compression ratios available for the b20
8.8,9.2,9.6/1 u should look into a b20z for the high compression
although you would have to spend as much on a b20 bottom end as rebuilding your b17 to be able to rev it like a gsr short block as the sleeves and weaker rods do not enjoy 8000+rpm shifts
good luck with what u decide to build
and if any of ma info is jaded please feel free to educate me, because i wanna know more
especially if u know any good links about b20 discussions, cause there is so much mystery/misinformation surrounding them

i have a simular problem with my b17, its still running great ATM but im doing a motor swap into an LS body since i never got a title for my gsr and its dirty inside REAL dirty, the exuast manifold and intake manifolds have alot of carbon/dirt and crap in them, i need to rebuild my b17 once i get a daily driver but for right now in a few weeks once my swap is done and i get it running im going to be driving my gsr…i went to an ok machine shop and they want 950 in labor…i think either you guys that can rebuild a b17 for 1000 are either on crack or living in cali…