Advanced Chassis Innovations Rear Lower Tie Bar

:rofl:

They could probably save weight by going with a chromoly pipe, instead of solid aluminium. Also, having it solid aluminum isnā€™t much stiffer than a thick-walled aluminum pipe.

Not enough R&D IMO. It looks like they just threw it together.

well, after reading his post, it is weird that he is betting his money to say it CAN handle the abuse. Nobody said it CANā€™T, so why would he bet

ā€œjust by looking at it iā€™d bet money it can handle the abuse.ā€

i thought he is saying the bar CANā€™T, but he said CAN

Okay friends (and canadians too)ā€¦hereā€™s the pics.

and before the smartass idiots in california ask, itā€™s undercar rustproofing. they do shit like that here in the midwest where we get this nasty cold white shit called ā€œsnowā€ every now and again. :stuck_out_tongue:

and yes, thatā€™s kitty litter on the floor. I was draining the gas tank and it got a little crazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe i was being a little presumptuous. i saw a straight, solid bar with heim joints, and my experience and knowledge told me to take this design over most of the other designs with their weak points.

imo i would rather have a solid chromoly or steel bar too. it just seems to me that the lower rear tie gets more force exerted on it than any of the others. hopefully the holes in the subframe are more likely to tear first than this bar. just be thankful you donā€™t have a dc or ebay bar :stuck_out_tongue:

You donā€™t need that bar to be solid steel. a relatively thin-walled chromoly tube with welded-in threaded inserts can easily handle a few hundred pounds of compression.

I should see if one of the carbon fiber pushrods I have laying around is long enough to make a tie bar with.

27 inches give or take.