A National G2 meet. Can it be done?

I think this would be pretty neat and I’d try to make it. Like Neil said, the major issue is how old our cars are. I would have to do a million-point inspection on my car before it left connecticut. I think it would be amazing Caravanning down there and slowly building up more and more g2s. I always thought the ITR expo was so neat, so if we could bring this to life, that would be cool.

:read:

:rockon:

I dont know how reliable your build is, but something like that I wouldnt trust to a long distance drive. You could always trailer it out to the meet, drive it like hell all weekend, and tow it back. It is an added expense though…

93 in some places. 92 mostly. the differences between 92 and 94 are minimal enough to not really affect your car. if you built it, you should know if i can make a trip like that. and then again you can always trailer it down if it’s bothersome. i would trailer mine if i had to make a trip like this.

[QUOTE=tbeesh;2025037]I think this would be pretty neat and I’d try to make it. Like Neil said, the major issue is how old our cars are. I would have to do a million-point inspection on my car before it left connecticut. I think it would be amazing Caravanning down there and slowly building up more and more g2s. I always thought the ITR expo was so neat, so if we could bring this to life, that would be cool.

:read:

:rockon:[/QUOTE]

that’s the spirit. in 1 years time i’m sure most people can get their cars in shape enough to drive down.

Another thing to consider is that caravans will be organized, and we have a good amount of accomplished mechanics among us, so if someone runs into a problem on the road short of a blown engine or tranny, or collision, we can work together to fix it quickly. Planning is key :up:

lol iceman, check out our posts 10 seconds apart with just about the same content.

:gayfight:

For those have to make a long drive, maybe we can get a local hotel to offer a discount to those that show up early in order to give people a little more leanency in there schedualing

Oh god…really…really far from here :dozing:

Maybe :slight_smile: I’ll test de K-Serie DA9 :rockon:

[QUOTE=icemanGSR;2024817]I have been thinking about this for a while. I’d be happy to put one together as well. Below are my thoughts:

Renting out our local track Heartland Park Topeka
Catered food
Contests and Prizes
Local Sponsorship

I have spoken to a lot of vendors around here, dealerships, food, etc and everyone is down for it.

If you guys want this put together, I can start the process tomorrow. I already have a contact at our local road course, dealerships, and even a food vendor.

Being in Kansas makes it a central location, and our track is very nice.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Im glad I caught this in the works, Iceman, you know me off KCSR (RED93DA) and I would be thrilled if this thing actually got off the ground. :rockon:

Only a 48 hour 3300mile round trip drive.:angel:
I doubt I’ll have my car still next year. :think: But it would be nice to go to something like this.

[QUOTE=icemanGSR;2025042]93 in some places. 92 mostly. the differences between 92 and 94 are minimal enough to not really affect your car. if you built it, you should know if i can make a trip like that. and then again you can always trailer it down if it’s bothersome. i would trailer mine if i had to make a trip like this.
[/QUOTE]
yeah i built it 100%. 92-93 is not that bad a couple bottles of octane booster and im in business.

I’ll be working on some more specific things this weekend in between finishing up my car. I’ll keep you all posted of course.

I would attend as I have a fresh motor in my car and I’ve done just about every maintnance imaginable. The only thing is that probably only redline and myself would be the only ones attending as I doubt any one would want to take the long drive from South Florida.

Works for me. I can stop in Colorado to see the family, Then off to Kansas. It will give my wife a reason to come. Its only about a day or so of driving.

i’m glad that everyone is finding a way to get this to work for them. keep it going.

I have been thinking about this for a while. I’d be happy to put one together as well. Below are my thoughts:

Renting out our local track Heartland Park Topeka
Catered food
Contests and Prizes
Local Sponsorship

I have spoken to a lot of vendors around here, dealerships, food, etc and everyone is down for it.

If you guys want this put together, I can start the process tomorrow. I already have a contact at our local road course, dealerships, and even a food vendor.

Being in Kansas makes it a central location, and our track is very nice.

And it ain’t to far from El Paso. So it’s a meet that isn’t impossible for me to make ^_^-b I say go for it really good idea.

Does anyone think using vehicle transport trains is an option here?

The Z car club of america does this. A caravan starts in one state and they stop and pick up other member’s cars as they go along. One big van hauls the members, the vehicle transport truck follows, they all split the cost.

It would be awesome to do something like this, but aside from us driving crazy distances, I’m sure a lot of us would have conflicting schedules. For example, I work only on weekends, when most people have that time off.

true however everyone will have at least 6 months advance notice for the dates of the event. i think everyone can get the time off.

subscribed

I’d drive my baby to the ends of the Earth and back even with the shake upon acceleration. Count me in…