92 integra gsr help

[QUOTE=icemanGSR;2027976]though some wiill disagree . . . honda cranks are nitride coated, and by “turning” the crank you COULD effectively remove that coating. You also have to run oversized bearings to be within Honda’s specs. Oversized bearings is not a huge issue, if they turn it and can leave some of that coating on it.

the last crankshaft i had had been turned. so much so that coating was gone, which is why even with oversized bearings it still was too loose.[/QUOTE]

wow, good to know, thanks!

is the car running hot? if so. check your water pump gear. i just had a noise similar to that and my water pump was shot. the whole gear fell off after i took the plastic casing off.

great news i got the car lol… also good news its not half as bad as it sounds in that video… u cant even hear it in the car. still yet its gonna sit n my driveway until its fixed but the crank is fine

how do you know the crank is fine? did you have it checked? don’t go by sound alone.

Yes, double what icemanGSR said! So what was the banging?

my dad said its a spun bearing but theres no way it should have hurt the crank… my 95 civic was knocking worse when it spun a bearing and all i did with it was pull the pan and replace them… im wanting to do a rebuild this winter just dont have the time right now i need something to drive sux riding my motorcycle in the rain and stuff

my dad told me to look up the torq specs… anyone have any idea of what all specs im gonna need were just gonna throw rod bearings in it not gonna bother with everything else at the time

Mmm, there’s this thing called the Helms manual and…

absolutely not. you pull that crank and you get it professionally checked out before you reuse it. i strongly disagree that when you spin a bearing you can just replace the bearings and run with it. why woudl you even take the chance? maybe its just me.

Where do you think all the bits and pieces of the spun bearing go, magicaly disapear into your oil? They are soft but solid enough to do damage, the engine needs to be cleaned before replacing the rod bearings or you will end up with further damage well beyound rod bearings. Listen to Ice!

gotta pull it to change the bearings anyhow, might as well take a day to have it inspected.

do u know how hard it is to find someone in indiana that knows something about anything other then a mustang camaro or pickup truck lol… my dads pretty sharp about this stuff he helped me fix my 95 civic all we did was replace the bearings idk what all he did to the crank tho… maybe thats why the oil pump went out lmao…

The tolerances are a bit tighter but your engine is no different then a mustang camaro or pickup trucks bearings. Take it apart, measure it, clean it out and rebuild.

GET A HELMS MANUAL!

well that sux lol… heres some pix of it i washed it waxed it…

Well guys i feel really stupid… i took the car to 9 differnt shops to get it looked at before i tore into it… every shop said it would need to be rebuilt or at least tore apart crank inspected and new bearings…well i took the pan off took the bearings out just to discover not one bearing was bad not one spot on the crank… went ahead and put new bearings it why i was this far into it put it back togather started it then here come that noise my dad comes with a big wood stick and starts poking the engine and had his ear on it… what we descovered it the ac pump bushings are bad cut the belt to the ac pump no more noise… GOT ME A GSR #492 WOO lol its so sweet i drive it like my grandma lol…

Well remember this:

“Just guessing but does not sound like rod knock to me, more like the exhaust rattling against something.”

Could have saved you time and money, just remember to never go back to any of those 9 shops to have work done if they looked at the car and told you what needed to be done. Just goes to show they are more interested in your money than servicing your needs.

Take care of that car and don’t trash it!

trust me im gonna take care of it… my 1st car was a 91 teg since then ive wanted a gsr i got my hands on one its gonna just me a cruiser lol…ay have had a rough life before but things have changed for it now…