1992 gsr b-17

DO NOT TURN THE CRANKSHAFT! under no circumstances shoudl you let a shop do that. if they can’t micropolish out the imperfections, and keep it withing stock honda spec, get a new crank. don’t risk it. turning the crank means material is removed form the journals. unless its a shop really familiar with honda cranks, i would not let it happen

[QUOTE=icemanGSR;2035382]DO NOT TURN THE CRANKSHAFT! under no circumstances shoudl you let a shop do that. if they can’t micropolish out the imperfections, and keep it withing stock honda spec, get a new crank. don’t risk it. turning the crank means material is removed form the journals. unless its a shop really familiar with honda cranks, i would not let it happen[/QUOTE]i agree 100%. get a new crank oem and get some eagle rods cp pistons arp head studss and golden eagle HG. if you go bigger bore if not just get oem HG. ive made a lil over 400 on stock b17a but your always are pushing your luck. The build i just typed will handle 450 easy with great tuner. Please dont cheap out get new oil pump water pump all gaskets etc.

450 easy with a stock head? hehe, i just did that build on my b17, now off to the tuning shop

i must say stock head gaskets hold up pretty well! and stock head gasket being metal, thats awsome! lol

Yea just swap in a b18c, save the b17, build it and throw it in later, I know you don’t want to ruin a b17 block.

yea before the last setup i made over 500 on stock b16 head

well i finally got the block torn down and found out what exactly happened to it turns out 3 out of the 4 oil jets for the pistons in the block the tubes were broken off only found 1 which is not good but everything seems to be ok with it looks wise but i still wanna get it completely looked over im pretty sure everythings ok

anybody kno where i can get new oil jets? been looking everywhere and cant seem to find them

whatever you do do not touch that crank…there impossable to find… i thought mine was gonna need one… lucky that crank was unscared everything was fine… found 2 from the dealer over 1100 a pop…

You will need to call an acura dealership with the part numbers.

[QUOTE=db2gsr;2045284]anybody kno where i can get new oil jets? been looking everywhere and cant seem to find them[/QUOTE]if you have forged pistonts just block them off it will increase oil pressure for you. If you have stock pistons go get the oil squirters

if im turbo ing the engine then i should deff go with forged pistons right? i was looking at the srp pistons on their website and thinking about getting those but if i dont have to then the money could go into another part

yes you should build the bottom end with forged pistons and rods

do you want 300whp for racing? or is this a daily driver.? you can rebuild the motor with oem rings, bearings,gaskets, and also arp rod bolts, arp studs and put it all together. then with the money that you would buy rings you could buy a nice setup and just be rite around 300 hp …thats your best bet if your trying to go about saving money

i wanna make it an everyday driver but be around 300 350 tops but wanna keep it relatively cheap i think im just gonna go with forged pistons rings gaskets get the crank micropolished arp studs and a decent tune working on a student budget right now sucks