Royal Purple Syncromax

Recently I replaced my friends transmission fluid because he was complaining of notchy shifting(95 civic,B16,LS Ys1). I’m sure most of you have all heard of Syncromesh made by GM. Its popular for its ability to cover up grinds in B series transmissions. I looked everywhere short of the dealerships for the syncromesh and found its not available near me. I chose to try the Royal Purple syncromax as it seemed to be the next best thing for what he was looking for. Its pretty pricy at $14 per quart but worked extremely well. His transmission shifted smoothly, and easily with no noise as soon as we started it up. I would recommend it to anyone else who doesn’t have access to syncromesh.

Hey man I live near you… If you need syncromesh (sp)? Just go to autozone thats where I get it. its like 6 a quart

I saw it at autozone months ago, but they’ve been sold out for a while in Paradise. I just didn’t feel like driving to Chico that day and figured I’d share my experience with the syncromax… :shrug:

Well good lookin out on the review. I just thought u didn’t know where to get it. That’s funny I most have got the last bottle for my ef like a week or 2 ago…

i have the same thing in my stock ls trany, i felt it drove smoother , besides it helped shifting. it goood tho, i couldnt get the GM either

I tried the Royal Purple Synchromax one time. I thought it was a little too slick and it didn’t work as well as the Synchromesh, so I switched back to the Synchromesh.