X

Anyone Seen this KMS stuff?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Seen this KMS stuff?

So I'm currently in the process of reviewing and procuring parts for a complete build (all motor) and have been looking for deals and reviews on parts that seem usable.

I found this KMS site that offers a nice package with block guard for 599. I wanted to see if anyone's ever used or heard anything about these guys. They say the springs are rated for 11k.... that's pretty good.

http://www.kmsengineering.com/valve-train.asp

Tell me what yall think! =)

Friend has used their valvesprings before, no issues that ima aware of.

I tried to use their lsvtec dowels and they SUCK. they are paper thin and crack and break upon install (used a rubber mallet to insert them as is std practice and they broke).

switched to golden eagle ones and they are perfect.

Comment

i bought their valvetrain package and bronze valve guides. no complaints as of yet, running it with crower 403's. haven't put many miles on the engine since i built it though, maybe only 1500 so far. Never did use the block guard though.

Comment

interesting.

What kind of setup are you running on there?

I'm going to running high comp and high rpms.

That package has the flat faced valves yes?

Comment

nothing much,

LS
          crower 403's
          kms valvetrain
          p30 pistons
          about 11.5:1

As for flat faced valves, I can't recall its been about a year and a half since i put them in (and probably about a year since I've driven the car ). So for durability over time I'm not the guy to ask, built it, drove it, parked it and tore it back apart lol. I just have more fun working on the car than actually driving it.

Comment

i used to work for fjdistributors.com , and they sell kms stuff. also i have their springs/retainers in my ls. excellent stuff. they're a rebadged supertech product.

Comment

oh really?

Comment

when i'm building a motor i got them on speed dial and i don't have ship anything out its just 30 minute ride
                We love their packaged deals!

Comment

599 is a killer deal.
                  The flat faced valves can raise the compression any where from .3 to .5:1 I read. That's quite a bit!

Should be interesting when this build is done.

Next question:

ITB's: are they worth the extreme amount of money they cost?

Comment

Originally posted by teggyguy View Post
                    599 is a killer deal.
                    The flat faced valves can raise the compression any where from .3 to .5:1 I read. That's quite a bit!

Should be interesting when this build is done.

Next question:

ITB's: are they worth the extreme amount of money they cost?
                    depends. a good manifold can get you the power you want. itbs will give you better response and a lot of noise. and they can be a tuning nightmare.

Comment

if you know a good tuner, ITBs can be a blessing.... if not, they are a major major pain in the backside..

Comment

FWIW, KMS sent me non-VTEC valve guides when I built a B17.

Comment

Working...
                        X