Best road racing type coilovers

what would be some good coilovers for road racing or autox??

I was looking at the tanabe’s or the D2 but i heard you need DC forks for the D2’s. is it true??

Many people get the ground control and koni combo because its cheap and been proven to be durable. Many socal shops can rebuild konis, but i dont know who can rebuild a coilover from japan.
I had an SCCA club racer ride in my car for one track session and got good reviews on my koni yellows and skunk2 sleeve combo. For her DA she ran some very expensive koni 2812 dampers and 900’ish pound springs.
My suspension is not very comfortable on the 10 freeway, just to warn you.

damn the 10 is pretty fkd up. i drive by there every friday going towards santa monica.

so ur saying best choice would be, konis with sleeves??

What’s your budget? The best systems will be several thousand dollars +.

Well, “best” means different things to different people. You might think running the stiffest coilovers you can find is no problem for the streets. Thing is, many people get fatigued after a few weeks on stiff suspensions. To find the best for you requires a setup that allows customization. Since the konis can be rebuilt to your desired damping requirements, and the ground controls use eibach springs of the required inner diameter, this combo offers the adjustability of a quality coilover setup, yet is still inexpensive and very durable. And if you get bored of the konis and GC, selling them is generally easier than a lesser known coilover.
If you aren’t sure what stiffness of springs you want to run, you probably don’t have many track days under your belt. In this case, practice will make you faster than some stiff, unforgiving, possibly twitchy suspension.

What you’re saying is good info, but since he asked specifically for road race and auto x, not also for dd i was curious what he was willing to spend. setups like Moton, or Ohlins, or Showa, remote resivoir damping systems, would be much better options for those to situations, while being less than preferred for the street.

i too am a koni yellow, gc lover.