DC header

Does anyone have a DC Sports header. Tell me about it and what are your thoughts about it. Are you satisfied or not. I’m asking cause I’m looking into buying one. I just don’t know if it will be worth the money. Thanks homies

The stainless steel version does not rust. The ceramic coated headers are coated but are not made of stainless steel, so if the coating is scraped away the metal will begin rusting and weakening.

yeah.but stainless is so much more money man.

in my experience . . . both versions stink. the one i ran, and the ones i’ve seen on friends/customer cars have almost always had broken welds.

get a megan racing one. as far as budget headers go, they are much better quality than dc.

I’ve heard things about Megan headers. Not gonna say that they are good things, but i can say that it’s more affordable than dc headers. But i don’t know, everyone has there own experience and opinions, that’s why I’m just want some info. thanks homies.

I roll Megan headers…cant say anything bad about the price or quality:rockon:

What have you heard? I have never heard a single bad thing about Megan Headers.

check the megan header thread in product reviews

i suppose. only ever had to replace one megan mid gasket, only b/c i didn’t tighten down the connector bolt tightly so it fell out. completely my fault. other than that, have never run into a megan header on any local car with issues in that thread.

but regardless, they are superior to dc sports. i will never promote a dc product for a customer, especailly their headers.

i will however most likely run a megan racing header on my b17 rebuild later on.

i would get DC just bcuz their C.A.R.B legal.
nice balance between gas mileage and HP

[quote=ricecstacy;2025786]i would get dc just bcuz their c.a.r.b legal.
Nice balance between gas mileage and hp[/quote]

+1

What would be the best header that is C.A.R.B. legal?? I know DC and Greddy both are.

Sorry to jack your thread.

[QUOTE=93RedTeg;2025869]What would be the best header that is C.A.R.B. legal?? I know DC and Greddy both are.

Sorry to jack your thread.[/QUOTE]

I think that’s it. Finding a good condition GReddy header is going to take some luck. The DC sports header might not produce the “most” power, but if you ever get smogged,or randomnly checked in cali, it’s good to know it’s perfectly legal.

another reason i live in Oklahoma, where there is no smog check. But i still care about the environment. It’s between DC and Megan for now. Are both these header the same length as the stock one? I had a eBay header once, and the y pipe was shorter by about 3-4 inches to my straight pipe.

Are they discontinued?? I didn’t hear of that I guess.

My 91 teg came with the DC sport header already on there. So the previous owner knew enough to do a little research as to whats gonna fly here in the valley of Cali. I hadn’t the foggiest it was a DC header until I peeped out the glovebox and saw the letter to CHP and LEO’s as to the DC’s legality.

I dig it. No rust and whenever I need to merge into traffic I’m sure it helps my car merge with a sick quickness. Go DC!

Quick question. Is the DC header the same length as the stock header?-( y-pipe). I had an eBay header and the y-pipe was 3-4 inches shorter.

DC seemed to bolt in just like stock for me. Think that’s part of why it get the CARB tag.

thanks yo. that’s what i needed to know. i heard that it also came with extended o2 sensor wiring. true?

I was thinking more “used”. Brand new they run about $350 compared to a decent used one averages around $150 or so. I’m not too sure if they still make them for DAs.

It depends on your teg’s year. 90-91 tegs’ header is a bit longer than the 92-93 tegs. It has to do with where it meets up with the cat (and where your o2 sensors are at). Same reason why full cat-back exhausts for 92-93 tegs are longer than for 90-91 tegs (since its header is “shorter”).

I remember since i fucked up like twice by buying a 90-91 exhaust for my teg and it was too short to reach the cat. Had to make an extension for it.

So search this site and look for which DC sports header (or any header for that matter) you need for your year teggy (4-1, versus 4-2-1).