Great Tires

Hey all, I have a 1991 Acura Integra GS (blue!) with the original 14" rims. I just moved from my standard Michelin Weatherwise tires to Falken ZIEX ZE-512s (P195 60 R14) and I gotta tell ya, what terrific tires they are! Grippy like the Mich’s never were in rain and dry–especially in rainy weather. Hardly any hydroplaning, quiet and very sticky–I love these tires. I highly recommend these tires as replacements if you still have the original rims. Just my 2c.

This has been discussed before… but the falken ziex 512’s are NOT sticky, they are no where near sticky. I don’t doubt you at all when you say they’re better than the oe michelins (which SUCK), but when compared to a more performance tire…the 512’s are going to be left in the dust.

The 512’s are High Performance All-Season tires… the key words being “All-Season.” For all season tires they are going to be good tires, definitely a good buy if thats what you’re looking for. But if you’re looking for grip, you need to look elsewhere.

If you ever get the chance to drive on some of the better tires from the “High Performance Summer” or “Max Performance Summer” tire categories you’ll be amazed at how sticky they are compared to your 512’s. Not to mention the fact that they’d be a little wider, have stiffer sidewalls, and have other attributes which help them perform better.

This is typical of most tire reviews. The grass is always greener since most people don’t have experience with 4-5 different tires.

Thanks for your feedback. And you’re right, I’m comparing them to only one experience which is with the standard Michelins I’ve had on the car since forever. Compared to them, the 512s are far better tires and for me, they ARE super sticky on dry, but moreso, on wet pavement than the Michs ever were. I’m sure there are better tires than the 512s, but for the value (I paid $36 per tire compared to $89 per tire for the Michs), they suit me just fine. I’m not racing at Indy, so for normal street driving, I’m more than satisfied.

ive had several different types of tires (all weather) on my car. I had a set of Dayton Daytona’s on for a while, which were pretty good but I’m in love with my Toyo Proxes. Those are the best all weather tire i have found but i am always up for trying something new.