catalytic converter or full exhaust system

ok bought an EBAY Bombz CAI and it should be coming in within a week. next i wanted to do either a catalytic converter or some kind of full exhaust system. i already have a muffler on my car so i was thinking to just get a new catalytic converter. saw some on EBAY for like 20 bucks?it was a INTEGRA RACING CATALYTIC CONVERTER 90 91 92 93 CAT JDM… worth it? what do you guys think? thanks

-Chad-

most of the ebay hi flow cats are just resonators, so make sure if u want a real high flow that it is a real cat

The only real performance your going to feel is when you get a full exhaust system, not just a cat and use the stock manifold. But it also depends on how much you want to spend, I got a full exhaust system (DcSports headers, catco high flow cat, and a thermal r&d cat-back. I only paid $600 for brand new headers and thermal and $103 for the cat-co High flow cat which is legal (dont know if e-bay stuff is going to pass emmisions. Just my .02

well i also plan on gettin new headers too. so ill have the CAI, new headers, catalytic converter and my exhaust. might change the pipe from cat. to exhaust also. how would that compare to a 600 dollar system? ain’t got the money right now to be spendin on it but im doin what i can.

-Chad-

Xchadx167,
Make sure you are buying legal stuff and will be approve for your next emission test. As you first explained from your first post, you bought a bomz CAI, I am uncertain wether is legal or not, the pipe must have a legal carb number sticker / stamped or else, when you get caught from officer’s it is automatically ticket, and a trip to the state ref. Well, as far a I know it here in california. Also, this same goes, with your exhaust system. There are cat back exhaust available on EBay although, I don’t know the performance of it, but it will cost you mucho dinero. But just an fyi, be careful on what you buy, I experienced this cheap stuff I’d been buying on Ebay myself. They do make your car look cool, but some just doesn’t improve your performance. :frowning: Good luck.

exhaust systems from the cat back do not need a carb e.o# as they don’t affect emissions, only noise.

not only that but emission tests differ and vary from state to state. saying what happens in Ca. most likely will not be the same in other states. so in his case, it might not matter that his intake isn’t legal. remember carb is a Ca. based type regulation. other states may choose to follow the regulations, but that doesn’t mean they will require carb e.o# on intakes or enforce it in the same manner. he needs to check with local law enforcement and smog regulators as to what is legal or not within his state.