What would you do?

i have a stock 91 gs and all i have bought so far is wheels and tires, (didnt plan on these at first but the deal was irresistable). I have about 250 to spend right now from the weekend hy-vee job, what would you recommend I buy? I was thinking a header or cold air or something like that. I found a ceramic header from shogun for 200 with free shipping or any cold air would probably work. I just want to get started and was wondering what you experts would recommend me to buy next??? all suggestions highly appreciated. Elliott

Cai

Cai

so should i get a short ram air intake, or the full cold air intake??? i think im just going to get the “bomz” one off ebay for 20 or 30 bucks, can anyone show me the one they bought and if they like it. i searched for this and found a million things but i just want someone to suggest something first hand, please dont flame me, thanx

i have a ebay short ram that i have had for 3 years now and it works just fine but if i would recomend getting a full CAI instead. there really isnt much difference between the cheap ebay ones and the name brand ones i dont think they just charge more for the AEM cause they have to pay for all the R&D they did and its name brand.

But CAI and a header would be the first two things i would buy. that and 1peices :drool: :drool: :drool:

white teggy do you have a header and cai? wat all mods do you have? do you have one pieces?

right now i am saving up for a good header & one peices (me want so bad lol), but first i am going to rebuild my spare block this winter/spring and P&P my spare head before i do anymore mods to it cause i really wanna get my other motor built up soon before i go and dump a bunch of money into this one, but right now on my car i have a short ram intake/custom catback exhaust, walbro fuel pump, ngk iridium spark plugs w/ngk wires performace wise at least

i just ordered header, OBX stainless steel header…167$ and also ordered CAI off ebay for 51 with shipping. spending tonight :slight_smile:

Integra91:…I bought a BOMZ short ram off ebay a year ago and have had no problems with it all and it gives a nice deep sound. Like I said in another thread…it’s a tight fit but at least the hood doesn’t hit it. Besides for as cheap as it is even if something does go wrong with it, you’re not out much money.

get the apexi filter and rig it onto your stock arm, 80

evasive short shifter w/bushings for 50

save up the rest

what are your plans for your car? if you want some speed the next things you should do are like cam gears, catback exhaust, fpr, fuel rail, shit in those lines. Crower 404s would be nice. anything to get it up to par. Right now i am in the process of building an all motor b18a. I got pretty good plans going and it wont be too expensive. if you want looks i suggest 1pieces, thin moldings, a damper system, and all the good stuff to make it look good.

be careful on that OBX header… id do a search on this site first… ive read bad reveiws…

i asked my cousin about the header and he said hes never had a problem with one, the only thing id be out is shipping-the header comes with a lifetime warranty sp if anything screws up im out 60 bucks. id rather take my chances on 60 bucks then 100 or 200 and some and not have a warranty.
I really didnt realize how fast you can spend money on cars, im still 15 and on a school permit until next december and i have already spent over 1,000 on my car. wheels, tires, header, syncromesh trans fluid, and the cai. am i buying the right things???

those are a good start, next i would save up a little and give your engine a tune up which is a good thing to give a car you just got cause you never know what the past owners have done to it what abuse it has had and whatever, but defintely get a new timing belt because they are cheap enough and alot better to change it now instead of when it is to late and have to get a new head/valves installed

and you might want to give it an alignment as well when you put your rims on beings they are 18’s and will more than likely have some camber wear issues better than buying new tires every 4-6 months

i did plan on getting it aligned. the next thing i want to get is either lowering springs (depending on how the car looks with 18s) and a short shifter. Where can you find 1 pieces for a good price, because everywhere i find them they are like 500, i really dont need headlights that cost 1/4 the price of what my car does.

woooooooooooahhhhhhhh $500 huh they sell them on passwordjdm.com for like $129+shipping and they are on sale now for 109 but they cut the wires extremly short check ebay they usually have a few sets on there

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=7&P_ID=204&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=210

i got mine off ebay for 130 shipped and they are in good condition. look around and you will find a good set.