cai for $100 is it worth it?

here’s the CAI

Hey guys i was wondering if it’s worth it to spend $100 for a not so popular CAI or get a name brand CAI? I think 100 for a CAI is pretty cheap but I’ve also heard that getting a not so popular or no name brand isn’t worth the money. I would buy it off ebay but I’m very skeptical of it. I’ve looked at others CAI and it runs bout 200 bucks and plus I’m getting a lip for my 90’ and also have a question on it. Is the 90’ lip suppose to b straight at the upper part cause the one that i bought curves into the vent and is short about 1/4 inches but the seller said that it was the right one.

The biggest difference between CAIs is whether they have a CARB number or not. Other than that there are minor differences in length, width, and moutning that may or may not affect power output. If you have to pass emissions check a CARB-legal CAI might be good to have.

Since your in California I would really recommend you get one that is CARB-legal. Otherwise you will need to move it back to stock when you take your car into the DMV for registration and they do the visual look over.

I have a cp cai,came with a CARB sticker!but I paid $130,now that I think about it,I have bought two…

I pretty sure you can get them from ebay for $30 or so,but they dont come with a carb sticker,Ive also owned a aem cai,not worth the money!!!

i had a diy cai i made for my civic, and i just took it off when i would get inspected. it only took a few seconds to swap the air box on and was cheap. if u get a cheap intake just swap it out when u get inspected. it only takes a few seconds. so lazy =p

I decided not to buy it and instead made my own cai. If i’m driving on a showery day would it suck up water and damage my engine. The filter sits about an inch off the bottom of the bumper and i didn’t take the gaurd off either. I know if i drive in a puddle of water it would hydro lock my car but for say if i’m just normally driving on the road would it suck the rain water from the ground or wheels??