New engine or keep modding?

Ok i bought my g2 this summer i live in sacto, cali and have a question. I have a 90 integra gs with almost 227,000 miles. I want to know if you guys think i should buy a new motor or just keep adding things to the one i’ve got. Ive also read alot about people prefering and ls or a vtec motor. Also on my motor i have now i have a short ram intake, and a cat-back exhaust. I would have the car for daily driver/occasional drag. SO what i wnat to know is if you guys think i should swap my motor out, or keep it and if i swap which motor i shuold go with?

Thanks in advance.

swap… what motor you swap in depends on what you want to do with it.

If you don’t want tq, that rules out the b16…

Which motor would be faster stick(1/4 mile). I am not planning on doing alot to my moter, full exhaust and cold or short ram intake is all, which moter would be faster with these mod applications?

depends on how much work you wanna put into swapping the motor/what you want to keep.

with h22 (and sometimes b20) you’ll lose AC and with h22 it’s just a bitch to get in…but h22 is the pretty much the best you can get.

then there’s b18c/R/5/1

read the engine specs/swap guide page…it’ll give you all the answers you’re looking for.

I’ve not quite found everything on this site yet, could you direct me in the way of those spec/swap pages? Thnaks

teg tips…engine…engine swap guide

Because you’re in CA, you need to be aware of motor swap restrictions due to CARB. :frowning:

Just make sure you inquire at a reputable shop before going for that JDM engine or even US-spec B20.

My interpretation of the regulations is that any newer engine from a US-spec “car” can be used (i.e. B18B, B18C from US integra) so long as you’re keeping the emissions control. So, a B20 may not work for you in CA… I haven’t found any info to the contrary yet. If someone knows, please correct me!

Thanks you guys for all the info i will try to inquire a little more about engine swaps and what not from frineds and people that work and shops, if you find out any more information please let me no thanks agains