X

Ebay ECU chip

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay ECU chip

Does anyone know if this is a good chip or company?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...942384881&rd=1

Don't buy that, it's a waste of money.

Comment

don't waste time with that. What year ECU do you have ? you should look into some of the ROM editor programs that are out now. I use UBERDATA. If you are intrested go to www.xenocron.com and start reading.

PS AFC=big no no ..piggyback systems suck

Comment

Its a 1990

Comment

PS AFC=big no no ..piggyback systems suck
          how do you figure? they don't suck if used for the right application. a stock car is not the right application, neither is a highly built motor. but if you just have some cams/pistons that you need to tune, it's perfect.

Comment

Have fun with gas milaege.

Comment

some time ago, i bought an ebay mugen chip for fun. I thought it made a huge difference vs the stock program (i really needed the higher redline bad to utilize my cams). Got rid of the flat spots, and in general made power from 0-redline, but most noticable in mid end range (3-6k rpms) and of course past my stock redline. Mileage did suffer (a lot), but id seriously take that over the stock program. I have a J's Racing now which made even more power and gets better mileage than my stock car city driving (driving aggressive), but suffers a 1-2mpg loss on the freeway (i rarely drive on the freeway anyway). My mileage is about 22/26

have fun installing it though, it could be a nightmare if you screw it up. Just make sure you install a ZIF socket so you can utilize the DIY programs when you figure out where youre going to go. You can always cut that jumper or install a switch there to revert to stock.

oh yeah it also got rid of my code43 hahah it was worth something right there..

Comment

Originally posted by JH4DB536
                some time ago, i bought an ebay mugen chip for fun. I thought it made a huge difference vs the stock program (i really needed the higher redline bad to utilize my cams). Got rid of the flat spots, and in general made power from 0-redline, but most noticable in mid end range (3-6k rpms) and of course past my stock redline. Mileage did suffer (a lot), but id seriously take that over the stock program. I have a J's Racing now which made even more power and gets better mileage than my stock car city driving (driving aggressive), but suffers a 1-2mpg loss on the freeway (i rarely drive on the freeway anyway). My mileage is about 22/26

have fun installing it though, it could be a nightmare if you screw it up. Just make sure you install a ZIF socket so you can utilize the DIY programs when you figure out where youre going to go. You can always cut that jumper or install a switch there to revert to stock.

oh yeah it also got rid of my code43 hahah it was worth something right there..
                is this a butt dyno comparison or did you actually make it to a dyno to see the difference in numbers?

Comment

the difference was so great, that i didnt need either to figure out that something had improved. No i didnt dyno it, so i cant give you an exact hp increase. the only thing that i know for sure didnt improve was economy

it was very obvious that the car did not even run right with the stock program (still better than stock and now i have my other car to verify that), it had to be the limiting factor. and then to have the rev limiter bumped so that i could rev to the supposed "peak" power of CTRs (which are pretty well tested). how's this, i am Confident my cam gears are dialed in at least 75% of their potential power and my car has never touched a dyno after these installations.

do you really need a dyno to prove that a 50 shot of nitrous actually improved your power (at that moment)?

i did not answer the original poster's question, but ill do it here. I don't know what his setup is, etc. I'll make some assumptions - your car is probably near bone stock (otherwise you wouldn't be asking a question like this) therefore you might not benefit from this mod..YET. Gude is a reputable company, yet programs can be copied, modified, etc by their distributor aka the ebay seller. Personally i wouldnt trust anyone with my ECU, unless it was a spare in other words install it yourself or have someone you know do it. There is no chip for all cars, but here's the catcher - there's a level of effectiveness for each and this is something that was brought up against me right now. i kno i aint making 100%, 75% is good enough for me for $10. that last 25% for maybe $300 in my mind begins to lose it's "cost effectiveness" for that i can deal without or wait
                  Last edited by JH4DB536; 27 Dec 2004, 14:16:55.

Comment

I wasnt trying to criticise you at all...in your first post you didnt mention your chip was for CTR or you had adjustable cam gears.

I agree..if the car is stock, the EBAY chips will not help at all.

Comment

i just wanted to clarify that.

Comment

My car isn't stock actually. i have stage 3 cams, 11.5:1 forged pistons, complete engine rebuild, ACT streetlite flywheel, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch. and all new valves, valve springs and titanium retainers. Along with Headers, Intake, Hi-Flow Cat and Exhaust. I am planning on upgrading the ignition (MSD SCI-L, cap, blaster2 coil, wires), fuel system (injectors, pump, pressure reg.), ECU(im cluless as to what to do here and need help), and i am also planning on running nitrous.

Comment

just get a hondata & get it tuned. easiest way.

http://www.hondata.com

Comment

as he said, hondata is going to be the way you're going to want to go, don't cheap out and buy some chip.

Comment

Turboedit

Uberdata

Comment

I don't know anything about hondata or what i even need from them but i thought i read in another post that hondata didnt work for the 1990 OBD0?? What am i looking for exactly?

Comment

Anybody know anything about these ECU's??? $149 sounds good for a fully custom tuned ECU

http://ecutuning.com/OBD1ECU.php

Comment

Why dont you chip your ECU and just tune it yourself?

Comment

I'd love to be able to but i don't know how

Comment

Buy one of my chipping kits and read the directions links below (yeah I know, cheesy plug )

http://xenocron.com/te/turboedit-chipping-kits.htm <---Chipping Kit

http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/...nToECUChipping <---Tells you how to chip your ECU

I also chip ECUs and can help you understand TurboEdit if its something you think you might be interested in learning about.

Comment

Its something i would be very interested in learning but it seems a little intimidating.... and is the program that comes on the chip going to help me out at all? How much to have you chip my ECU for me? Its an OBD0 PR4 if you need to know

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by ForgedLS
                                              Its something i would be very interested in learning but it seems a little intimidating.... and is the program that comes on the chip going to help me out at all? How much to have you chip my ECU for me? Its an OBD0 PR4 if you need to know
                                              chipping is $75, includes a basemap on a reburnable chip and return shipping

however, i dont really recommend this to someone who isnt going turbo or have a lot of N/A mods that would require them to remap their fuel and ignition curves.

definitely requires tuning after getting the ECU back for optimal performance

Comment

I have quite a bit done, just rebuilt the motor with SRP 10.5:1 forged pistons, ARP Head Studs, Valve springs, retainers, valves, stage 3 cams, adjustable cam gears, light weight flywheel, and an exedy stage 1 clutch, along with intake, headers, hi-flow cat

Comment

Defintely something that would help you greatly. I can chip your ECU or supply you with the chipping parts.

You might want to do a little reading on PGMFI.org and find a dyno or tuner near you that can help bring the best out of your setup.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X