Ebay ECU chip

Does anyone know if this is a good chip or company?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=7942384881&rd=1

Don’t buy that, it’s a waste of money.

don’t waste time with that. What year ECU do you have ? you should look into some of the ROM editor programs that are out now. I use UBERDATA. If you are intrested go to www.xenocron.com and start reading.

PS AFC=big no no …piggyback systems suck

Its a 1990

PS AFC=big no no …piggyback systems suck

how do you figure? they don’t suck if used for the right application. a stock car is not the right application, neither is a highly built motor. but if you just have some cams/pistons that you need to tune, it’s perfect.

Have fun with gas milaege.

some time ago, i bought an ebay mugen chip for fun. I thought it made a huge difference vs the stock program (i really needed the higher redline bad to utilize my cams). Got rid of the flat spots, and in general made power from 0-redline, but most noticable in mid end range (3-6k rpms) and of course past my stock redline. Mileage did suffer (a lot), but id seriously take that over the stock program. I have a J’s Racing now which made even more power and gets better mileage than my stock car city driving (driving aggressive), but suffers a 1-2mpg loss on the freeway (i rarely drive on the freeway anyway). My mileage is about 22/26

have fun installing it though, it could be a nightmare if you screw it up. Just make sure you install a ZIF socket so you can utilize the DIY programs when you figure out where youre going to go. You can always cut that jumper or install a switch there to revert to stock.

oh yeah it also got rid of my code43 :slight_smile: hahah it was worth something right there…

is this a butt dyno comparison or did you actually make it to a dyno to see the difference in numbers?

the difference was so great, that i didnt need either to figure out that something had improved. No i didnt dyno it, so i cant give you an exact hp increase. the only thing that i know for sure didnt improve was economy

it was very obvious that the car did not even run right with the stock program (still better than stock and now i have my other car to verify that), it had to be the limiting factor. and then to have the rev limiter bumped so that i could rev to the supposed “peak” power of CTRs (which are pretty well tested). how’s this, i am Confident my cam gears are dialed in at least 75% of their potential power and my car has never touched a dyno after these installations.

do you really need a dyno to prove that a 50 shot of nitrous actually improved your power (at that moment)?

i did not answer the original poster’s question, but ill do it here. I don’t know what his setup is, etc. I’ll make some assumptions - your car is probably near bone stock (otherwise you wouldn’t be asking a question like this) therefore you might not benefit from this mod…YET. Gude is a reputable company, yet programs can be copied, modified, etc by their distributor aka the ebay seller. Personally i wouldnt trust anyone with my ECU, unless it was a spare in other words install it yourself or have someone you know do it. There is no chip for all cars, but here’s the catcher - there’s a level of effectiveness for each and this is something that was brought up against me right now. i kno i aint making 100%, 75% is good enough for me for $10. that last 25% for maybe $300 in my mind begins to lose it’s “cost effectiveness” for that i can deal without or wait

I wasnt trying to criticise you at all…in your first post you didnt mention your chip was for CTR or you had adjustable cam gears.

I agree…if the car is stock, the EBAY chips will not help at all.

i just wanted to clarify that.

My car isn’t stock actually. i have stage 3 cams, 11.5:1 forged pistons, complete engine rebuild, ACT streetlite flywheel, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch. and all new valves, valve springs and titanium retainers. Along with Headers, Intake, Hi-Flow Cat and Exhaust. I am planning on upgrading the ignition (MSD SCI-L, cap, blaster2 coil, wires), fuel system (injectors, pump, pressure reg.), ECU(im cluless as to what to do here and need help), and i am also planning on running nitrous.

just get a hondata & get it tuned. easiest way.

http://www.hondata.com

as he said, hondata is going to be the way you’re going to want to go, don’t cheap out and buy some chip.

Turboedit

Uberdata

I don’t know anything about hondata or what i even need from them but i thought i read in another post that hondata didnt work for the 1990 OBD0?? What am i looking for exactly?

Anybody know anything about these ECU’s??? $149 sounds good for a fully custom tuned ECU

http://ecutuning.com/OBD1ECU.php

Why dont you chip your ECU and just tune it yourself?

I’d love to be able to but i don’t know how

Buy one of my chipping kits and read the directions links below (yeah I know, cheesy plug :wink: )

http://xenocron.com/te/turboedit-chipping-kits.htm <—Chipping Kit

http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/IntroductionToECUChipping <—Tells you how to chip your ECU

I also chip ECUs and can help you understand TurboEdit if its something you think you might be interested in learning about.