Advanced Chassis Innovations Rear Lower Tie Bar

I have absolutely nothing but wonderful things to say about this company. From first contact to USPS delivery, ACI has been awesome every step of the way.

First, a bit of background:

As many of you know, there were few sources for a lower rear tie bar for our cars, none of which were very affordable. The skunk2 unit offers outstanding quality, but be prepared to spend over 100 bucks for it. Then along came Kyle Curley, selling his “CCF” (Curley Custom Fabrications) LTB’s for around 100 bucks as well. However, bringing up this “business” name is not the best idea on g2ic anymore, as he tried to pull a major fast one on our very own Jake the turbo geek. Sadly, the quality of his welds speak for themselves–see this thread, pages 4 and 5 specifically, for more information.

Which brings us to about 3 weeks ago. I noticed a new vendor on honda-tech, Advanced Chassis Innovations, announcing new Lower Tie Bars for civic and integra applications. They didn’t list anything for 90-93 integras, but I realized the skunk2 unit is universal for all 90-01 integras. taking a chance, I contacted ACI about a possible “guinea pig” status for me. I received the bar today in the mail, and am pleasantly surprised. Here’s a look at what was in the package:

That’s the bar with adjustable endlinks, new 10.9-grade mounting hardware, and INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!!!

Although it’s far too cold outside for me to want to lay down on the concrete and try to fully install the bar, I did some quick mock-up and it fits perfectly. As I mentioned, the mounting points are adjustable, so the bar will fit our DA chassis just fine. The mounting points need to be moved almost all the way in to fit.

I’ll be in chicago this weekend for the holiday, but I’ll be back on wednesday next week and should have some time available to install the bar and get more photos. If you’re interested, the bars can be purchased through either this thread on honda-tech, or by going to the Advanced Chassis Innovations website.

The bars are available in either red (matches milano red perfectly) or black (goes with anything!). :up:

As many of you know, it takes a lot for a company/seller to earn my approval. :slight_smile: These guys have it with gusto.

Thanks for the post. I’ll wait for the installation post. :wink:

looks nice. color doesn’t matter too much on a G2 if you still have the sideways muffler though.

interesting…but im still wearin of a non-solid bar type for me. :open_mouth: Im scared of adjustability

ooh, looks nice!!! :up:

Looks good. Do you know if it has fitment issues with any of the popular rear swaybars?

i know i’m bringing back an old post…

any news about this bar? is it good? easy fitment?

i would assume so, since it’s adjustable. as soon as i get my rear control arm and strut bushings in i can get the bar on. :up:

let us know how it turns out

:corn: waiting…waiting…waiting :hugs:

california != nebraska.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/68113?lswe=68113&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

you’re gonna be waiting a while.

thats ok mark, my omnis dont go in until i move, so the earliest would be first weekend of march.

cooleys. looks like i might be able to get it in this weekend actually. :slight_smile:

god dammit i have to wait that long!!! :mad:

just by looking at it i’d bet money it can handle the abuse. adjustability is ok in heim joints, they can handle it. having adjustability and swivel links in other places like the bar itself (ala ebay bars), is where the weakpoint is.

Our bars and braces utilize aircraft-quality T6-6061 solid aluminum bars that are both lightweight and extremely rigid. Solid aluminum offers a far superior strength/weight ratio than hollow aluminum tubing, common to other manufacturers.

its not hollow, just threaded for the heim joints.

i know, i know, hey atleast you’re not the one staring at the box every single day hearing them say, “install me, install me, cmon you know you want to…” :frowning:

so you’re saying it is not a good bar?
what kind of bar do you recommend?

where did he say its not good???

you’ll have to pardon bobby, he’s canadian. :wink:

i’m not tryin to argue with you, but i got 2 bars(LTB and FUSB) for $115 shipped from kyle and the welds are not that bad. nothing like in those pics of jakes bar.(i agree, that brace looks horrible) i had a good experience with him and he hooked me up so i cant complain. i just dont want everyone thinking that he is THAT bad because i dont want people clowning on my bars. i’ve had nothing but compliments and :drool: on those bars like “damn thats a nice bar where did you get it?” or “i’ve never seen one of those who made it…” a lot of people want his bars after seeing mine.

anyway, nice find. look foreward to results after install :up: