The story of Omnipower USA...

Taken from here:

So who is Omniman? Founder of Omnipower Usa?
Moving from California to Colorado seemed like the best plan in the world; I mean he was going to work at a Ferrari dealership and what gasoline blooded person wouldn’t want to go work on the pinnacle of automotive achievement?? Well, some times the best laid plans just don’t work out. After working at the Ferrari dealership in Colorado, and not being able to pay his rent, due to the very slow winters, Steve was working part time to help pay bills at the shop in Denver where he originated the LS/VTEC. Shop was called Speed Image. After working there and learning many of the tricks he now employs daily, he was lured back to California to work on some other exotic cars in the form of Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s. But again, the Honda scene lured him back, but not before bestowing upon him, some great knowledge to be tried in the Honda world.

Steve had wondered how to build a “stroker” motor (adding stroke to the crank throw to gain more displacement) without ruining the rod ratio. The only problem was, you could only move the wrist pin up so much before you ran out of room. Not really an option back in the late 90’s, if you wanted a good rod ratio. In 1984 Lamborghini wanted to come out with a new bigger motor,using stroke to increase displacement they faced a similar problem, but not having the money to have a new block casting made, Lamborghini designers decided to add stroke, by adding what’s commonly referred to as a deck plate to their motors. Steve had seen this when working on the 85 Countach and decided that he wanted to try it out for himself on a Honda motor. However, no one had ever tried it, so once again our famed engine guru is treading on thin ice. He had Advance Coordinate technologies in Denver make up a CNC program for $375 and took that program to Denver Mill and Lathe to have some plates made. With these in hand, he called Crower to get some rods. The guy on the other end of the phone (Brian Crower) must have thought Steve was out to lunch when he asked for a rod that long for a Honda motor. AS his reply was something to the effect of “You want a rod how long for what motor? Son, you do realize that it’s going to stick out the top of the block right??”Never the less, Steve persevered and built his stroker motor, which was used in the Skunk2 drag car from 1999-2002 and made some ridiculous power with them, too bad the NHRA later banned the deck plate idea.

After working for Ferrari for nearly 4 years Steve ended up at Speed Image in denver colorado, to find his true love, honda engines. After 3 years there and wanting to get back to california Steve took a job at Milano Imports (the largest and oldest lamborghini tuner/dealer in the world). While there he again realized his passion for hondas and was offered a job at Group-A-AutoSports/Skunkworks. Later to be renamed Skunk2 after Locheed got a little tense over the use of their name. In the 4 years that he worked for Skunk2 Steve helped the Drag racing team to 2 National Championships in 1999 (when they became the first all motor car to hit 10’s and break 120mph) and 2000, went completely undefeated in 1999 as well as the longest winning streak ever in all motor history with 9 straight wins. They also were runners up in the national points chase in 2002 in the nhra series. Also while Steve was there, Skunk2 sponsered a few road race cars competing in SCCA’s speed world challenge, and were quickly realized as a force to be reckoned with, such as Roger Foo’s rookie of the year achievment in 2001. Steve helped develop most of the products that we have all come to know from Skunk2 in the 4 years that he was there, but in the end, it was time for Steve to move on to bigger and better things. As steve found out that working for someone can only get you so far, before you have to take matters into your own hands.

In 2004 Steve decided to start Omnipower Usa which will engineer, and design new products specifically geared towards making cars go faster and handle better. Omnipower is truly dedicated to serving the enthusiast so cost will ALWAYS be considered, to give the average guy the chance to buy well designed and functioning parts. After watching our industry price parts go higher than they should,Steve has decided to go against the mold and price parts fairly. With an ever expanding line up of products, which at the time of printing included: Valve springs, valves, front and rear Camber kits, full coilover shocks aimed at high output all motor cars and turbo cars. There are many other products that are on the drawing board, and will soon be released. So be sure to check back often for new product information from one of the brightest minds our industry has to offer.

Maybe now people will realize steve actually knows what he’s doing… :roll:

so he designs all of his parts? Just cause he knows about engines, doesnt mean he knows everything on cars…

way to be a dick. did you ever think that in working in all the places he did especially at skunk2 that he also picked up a thing or two about suspension?

eh, i just find it hard to follow one guy’s line of products with the possibility that he designed everything instead of a big corp. where they have tons of ppl doing r&d. Im not discrediting him for whats hes done, but ppl worship him and his products.

I really don’t understand what this comment adds to the discussion.

Either way, I’m excited to see what new products will be added to the lineup. I am personally riding on stock shocks and H&R springs patiently waiting for Omnipower full coilovers for my DA.

Cool story Mark; it’s interesting to see the history behind this guy.

don’t sweat him maverick. do a search on his previous posts. there’s shit-tons of negativity about g2ic in general in them. :shrug:

the main reason i posted this is to show that steve DOES know more than most people think about cars in general, especially hondas. he’s the reason the LS/VTEC exists today.

i didn’t post it so people would worship him or his products. if you use only one company’s products on your car, you have serious issues. but ruling a single company out because of hearsay is a bad idea.

well most companies start off as a one man or small team of guys making products, ie. full race, golden eagle, comptech, etc.

its also another thing to have credentials like he does in the industry. wouldn’t you think that if he made a name for himself at prior businesses that it would stick with him when he ventured off into his own. i understand your point but remember a lot of people worship companies like spoon which was started by one man and later grew to become a corporation. as long as there is always attetion to detail i would be happy and satisfied.

and yes, i did order a set of coilovers so i will be able to tell you how well his products are.

mark hit me up on aim when you get a chance and let me know about the tie bars you were trying out.

they’re not here yet. :frowning:

pics i’ve seen from all the other cats who’ve gotten theirs look really nice. hell, Kyle Curley didn’t make them so they can’t be too bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

yea, you’re right, most companies are started from one person. Im just comparing him to a company w/lots more ppl doin r&d? Im not dissing his parts really, or nvr intended to, I just like to give ppl an idea of the “other side” cause too many ppl jump into the trend.

As for the negativity about g2ic… man, i love g2’s and this site has shown me alot. However, g2ic has its own trends… theres not much individuality on here anymore. I say this b/c everyone “needs” to have 1 pieces, etc. I know you’re goin to say that its all subjective, but I see something wrong when a new person comes to the site w/plans for their car and changing it b/c no one here agrees. <–thats not for tech stuff, i mean the subjective, personal appearance stuff… thats the negative side of this site.

Srry this has gone off topic, the guy prob. has something on his resume to be able to work at Ferrari.

i didn’t mean to shove it down your throat like i did but you’ve made some great points also. but if omni is willing to make a setup for our cars than more power to him. we are the forgotten years of the integra and good parts are getting harder to come by. like i said, its all about attention to detail, sometimes when a company gets too big they loose focus on that one aspect. :bow:

you mean like skunk2 telling me the DC front upper a-arm camber kit fits on DA’s because all integras should be the same? :stuck_out_tongue:

<3 fantasy. :slight_smile:

aah, the g2ic love
:bow:

:group hug:

<quickly sells mugen thermostat, fan switch , ecu , exhuast , race seat , seat belts pads , oil cap , radiator cap , master cyclinder cover, lug nuts , steering wheel , shift knob , racing suit , and underpants.>

YEAH what he said!

Serious note. I’m guessing there are some omni da parts comming out?

supposedly the full coilovers are being released this week.

I always hear good things about his coilover suspension…Kinda sucks that he doesnt have a dampening adjustment :shy: I would still like to try this set-up angell

i was just wondering for those of you who are buying omni’s… you going for the street versions or straight up to the sport… i dont wanna buy one and regret not buying the other :shrug:

i’ll be going sport, but my car’s purpose is far different than probably 90% of the people here.

street since the car is daily driven and it won’t be like the beast of a machine mark is building. :naughty: