Car audio advice

I am about to buy a Audiobahn AWES10P, The sub will cost me about $160 shipped new. My problem is I dont know to much about car audio and am very limmited to money. I want to get something that will push this sub decent enough. Is it better to get something cheap and high watts like a Legacy amp or somthing low watts that is a better name or what? I just want quality sound not somthing that will blow you away or anything. I dont know what to do PLEASE HELP :slight_smile: the subs specs are at the bottom.

Features:
PHAT 2¡± Foam Surround
Three layer poly cellulous core cone material
Triple Stack Magnet
Chrome plated 3-dimensional cast Aluminium Basket
25mm Top Plate for Increased Efficiency
Dual voice coil wound on black anodized aluminum former

Size 10"
Magnet Weight 160 Oz.
Power Handling 900 RMS
Frequency Response 20hz - 500hz
Efficiency 90dB
Voice Coil 3" Dual 4 Ohm
Mounting Depth 8 1/4"
Hole Cutout 8 7/8"

900 W RMS for a 10 inch subwoofer, kinda strange ?
Well if you look for sound quality before loudness, why go into legacy?
im sure you can find pretty nice used amplifiers at low cost on the newspaper or the internet.

I’ve never went into cheap subwoofer amplifiers but i already had a jensen 4 channel to power my speakers (in my young years) and it sounded ok.

I think it is less important to have a quality sub amp because it only goes into 20-200Hz (often) or 20-500 if you ago stereo sub.

If your sub is really a 900 RMS well get something big cause you wont feel the pounding. If you get something big and can’t pay much, well you’ll have to buy cheap. But i dont think it will make a night and day difference… (get good cables though when installing the amp)

Personally… audiobahn gets a huge thumbsdown from me :down: For your price range I would be looking at Image Dynamics, JL, and maybe Infinity.

Thanks for the info actually now im goin with a Rockford Fosgate p2002 amp and just a single JL W3. So that takes car of the sub and amp thing what about Speakers all around in car? Have 6.5 and 6x9. This will be powered by just my Reciever so what yall think? What brand should i go with that will give good sound but again not to much in money :slight_smile:

Nice choice on the sub. The w3’s are quite nice, and imo a MUCH better choice than that audiobahn.

As for speakers… you may want to list a price range to work with.

Hmmmmm less then $150 for all? if posible, hell i mean i want something decent but really dont have much money being that im buying all new stuff and geting it installed. Whats the cheapest best decent speakers lol

My advice get a x4 amp first and use stock speakers it will sound better than deck ran new speakers I did it for around a year and then when I had cash I bought the fronts then the rears

Eclipse by Fujitsu Ten all they way man.

I have that set up, 1 4x amp for the 4 6.5 speakers and 1 2x amp for my Diamond M6 sub. The nice thing about having a separate amp for the 4 speakers is that I can set the HPF on the amp and use the 4 speakers for my mid/high sounds, that means I can add more bass from the stereo and my 4 speakers wont be affected only the sub.

Works for me but im sure theres component systems out there that will do the same minus the 4x amp.

This is how I have it now…