Is it real or a knock off?

Im looking to a buy a muffler and get the exhaust done on the teg. Does this muffler look legit or is it a knock off? Its only $10 so I am a little skeptical.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7937704811&category=33636&sspagename=WDVW

looks legit to me, but notice how the listed price is 10 bux and theres still over 2 days left on the auction…most likely it will go up

edit: wow stupid me…dont buy it … the word “style” is a pretty blatant sign that means “not really it but looks like it”

don’t bid on it, those ebay mufflers are very shitty. they sound like crap bumble bee buzz thats why they are only $10

thats sort of what im worried about. i dont want to be driving a dirt bike down the street. I see if i can find something local

all the cheap shit on ebay is pretty crappy stuff in myy opinion and it wont sound veery good like u said u dont want a dirt bike thats what it will sound like a friend of mune bought a similar one and put it on his civic and it just sounds terrible

The muffler isn’t an only factor to the “sound.” The reason for being lawn mower, moped, or bumble bee sounds is due to not having a cat, no resonator, or too big of piping. I bought an “ebay muffler” more than 4 years ago and it sounds sweet - no rattling on high rpms just a nice even tone the whole way. I have a cat, 2.25" piping, and a cherry bomb resonator. eBay mufflers aren’t bad after all…well, for me it isn’t. Good Luck.

:werd: I have a stock replacement muffler w/ no resonator, and mine is just like what you don’t want. I’m putting in an ebay one (just like the one by the “pro exhaust” logo in the first “official” pic in the auction). My friend has it on his car and it sounds great. As stated, ebay mufflers (with the right combination of resonator, piping, and silencers are NOT raspy at all :up:

it says in the auction that its a “replica”

i have an ebay hks knockoff and it sounds and look great

First off this is not an exhaust this is only a muffler. This is what causes that stupid bumble bee sound on cars. Thats why this canester mufflers sux.

Secondly, just because the muffler is sold on ebay does not make it an ebay muffler. Some of these things are actually of good quality. Just remember you get what you pay for.

So what should I be looking for as far as a resonator, is there high flow or high performance resonators to deepen the tone.

“3.5” Tip 5zigen Fireball [size=3]style[/size] Universal"

there u go that one word [SIZE=4]“STYLE”[/SIZE] style meaning knock off, not real, fake

but shouldnt it sound ok if you have a resonator on the piping, the longer the resonator the quieter right?

That Universal Crap Sounds So Ricy Get Rs-r Or Dc Cat Back Or Somthing Do It Once Do It Right

“do it once do it right”

meaning get a cat back? How bout to do it once you need the whole piping from the manifold/header back? :roll:

Ya I Have A Full Dc System Headers Back But A Cat Back Is Doing It Right Than Welding A Universal On There.

Well when I do this its going to be a custom 2.25" header back, im just trying to find the right combination of muffler and possibly a resonator

read the exhaust thing on ti if you’re registered there, straight through is loud, you need a chambered muffler to have a quieter exhaust, resonater will only quiet down a straight through muffler so much i think

what is ‘ti’ ? sorry for my ignorance