X

Is it real or a knock off?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it real or a knock off?

Im looking to a buy a muffler and get the exhaust done on the teg. Does this muffler look legit or is it a knock off? Its only $10 so I am a little skeptical.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

looks legit to me, but notice how the listed price is 10 bux and theres still over 2 days left on the auction...most likely it will go up

edit: wow stupid me...dont buy it .... the word "style" is a pretty blatant sign that means "not really it but looks like it"
    Last edited by B|ang; 20 Dec 2004, 00:25:34.

Comment

don't bid on it, those ebay mufflers are very shitty. they sound like crap bumble bee buzz thats why they are only $10

Comment

thats sort of what im worried about. i dont want to be driving a dirt bike down the street. I see if i can find something local

Comment

all the cheap shit on ebay is pretty crappy stuff in myy opinion and it wont sound veery good like u said u dont want a dirt bike thats what it will sound like a friend of mune bought a similar one and put it on his civic and it just sounds terrible

Comment

The muffler isn't an only factor to the "sound." The reason for being lawn mower, moped, or bumble bee sounds is due to not having a cat, no resonator, or too big of piping. I bought an "ebay muffler" more than 4 years ago and it sounds sweet - no rattling on high rpms just a nice even tone the whole way. I have a cat, 2.25" piping, and a cherry bomb resonator. eBay mufflers aren't bad after all...well, for me it isn't. Good Luck.

Comment

I have a stock replacement muffler w/ no resonator, and mine is just like what you don't want. I'm putting in an ebay one (just like the one by the "pro exhaust" logo in the first "official" pic in the auction). My friend has it on his car and it sounds great. As stated, ebay mufflers (with the right combination of resonator, piping, and silencers are NOT raspy at all

Comment

it says in the auction that its a "replica"

Comment

i have an ebay hks knockoff and it sounds and look great

Comment

First off this is not an exhaust this is only a muffler. This is what causes that stupid bumble bee sound on cars. Thats why this canester mufflers sux.

Secondly, just because the muffler is sold on ebay does not make it an ebay muffler. Some of these things are actually of good quality. Just remember you get what you pay for.

Comment

So what should I be looking for as far as a resonator, is there high flow or high performance resonators to deepen the tone.

Comment

"3.5" Tip 5zigen Fireball style Universal"

Comment

there u go that one word "STYLE" style meaning knock off, not real, fake

Comment

but shouldnt it sound ok if you have a resonator on the piping, the longer the resonator the quieter right?

Comment

That Universal Crap Sounds So Ricy Get Rs-r Or Dc Cat Back Or Somthing Do It Once Do It Right

Comment

"do it once do it right"

meaning get a cat back? How bout to do it once you need the whole piping from the manifold/header back?

Comment

Ya I Have A Full Dc System Headers Back But A Cat Back Is Doing It Right Than Welding A Universal On There.

Comment

Well when I do this its going to be a custom 2.25" header back, im just trying to find the right combination of muffler and possibly a resonator

Comment

read the exhaust thing on ti if you're registered there, straight through is loud, you need a chambered muffler to have a quieter exhaust, resonater will only quiet down a straight through muffler so much i think

Comment

what is 'ti' ? sorry for my ignorance

Comment

Originally posted by durantheman
                                          what is 'ti' ? sorry for my ignorance
                                          www.team-integra.net

Comment

Originally posted by 92mugenintegra
                                            Ya I Have A Full Dc System Headers Back But A Cat Back Is Doing It Right Than Welding A Universal On There.

doing it "once and right" is getting the whole piping (from manifold to exhaust tip) done right the first time. you can't do one thing and then the other and call it doing it once.

Cat back is only a section of the WHOLE thing... thus the name: "cat-back"

Comment

i think this guy is just looking for a muffler and worried about sound. cat-back i think would be the best solution since most of them are high quality well constructed but pricey. I would really think about why a muffler would only cost $10 brand new...if its too good to be true it probably is.

Comment

update

So heres an update. I decided to purchase a magnaflow muffler

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I will be running 2.25" Headers back thru a highflow resonator and this muffler. I just hope it wont be to much trouble mounting this muffler with its dimensions Should sound good

Comment

ya doing it right is the whole system but he is not looking for that. i think doing it right is a cat back over a universal muffler dont u think that would be doing it right.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X