Tool Sets

Recommendations as far as brands go?..I was thinking of getting a Huskie Set…Lifetime warranty, 300 piece set for like $300 on sale (i think) at home depot?..

I buy Craftman from Sears. They have a lifetime warranty too, and are good quality. They’re not cheap, but I think they’re definitely worth the money.

Husky tools have come a long way, but I don’t like the Black Chome finish. Its easy enough to loose a bright chrome tool let alone a black one.

lol…true about the black finish…

so long as they are lifetime warranty and from a retailer you can find easily for replacements, I wouldn’t worry too much about the brand.

exactly. I only buy Craftsman because there is a sears 5 mins. from me, and if a tool breaks I just take it there, and they give me a replacement on the spot, no questions asked. Unless you have a bunch of money to afford Mac or Snap-on, just go with Craftsman or something with the same warranty.

I have a nabor (SP.) who has a snap-on masters set. I use only them.

Must be a nice neighbor.

He is the head machanic at toyota. That is where I did my 5spd swap. We did a tranny swap in 4.5hrs. When I say tranny swap, I mean I pulled it in as a automatic, and pulled it out as a 5spd. (Ofcorse (sp.) We had Bluepoint and snapon inpact tools, 2 post lift, all the jacks and whatnot.)

only tool kit you need bitches!

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=106

:lol:

Good for roadside work at a really light weight?!?!?!?!

good for putting in all those JDM parts.

if they break, you can just go to the JDM sears and they’ll give you a new one.

That’s not that impressive. I know DSM guys who can drop their transmissions in under 30 min with hand tools and floor jacks. Clutch changes on a 4WD in less than an hour.

Yea, they can do it so fast because they have to do it so often, because they break down so much. I will still be driving while they work on their cars.
Long live Honda :rockon:

hell yeah man. You have no idea how many times I’ve had to truck a bunch of DSM’ers around to shag parts :smiley:

but duy changing tranny’s on our DA’s sucks. i just love how there so much room in the engine bay. :-*

Pat, Schu, and I did it in about 4 hours last night. It would have been easier on My or Schu’s car with the PR mounts though I think.

I have factory mounts, and that 4.5 hours includes doing all the wiring, installing the linkage, removing the auto crap, ect, ect. a whole auto-5spd conversion in 4.5hrs. Drove in as a automatic, and drove out as a 5spd. Thats with frozen bolts and no WD-40.

well i’ll give em’ props on that…it’d take my ass a week…i’d still be disconnecting the battery…

Props then :up: