X

Tool Sets

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool Sets

Recommendations as far as brands go?...I was thinking of getting a Huskie Set...Lifetime warranty, 300 piece set for like $300 on sale (i think) at home depot?...

I buy Craftman from Sears. They have a lifetime warranty too, and are good quality. They're not cheap, but I think they're definitely worth the money.

Comment

Husky tools have come a long way, but I don't like the Black Chome finish. Its easy enough to loose a bright chrome tool let alone a black one.

Comment

lol...true about the black finish...

Comment

so long as they are lifetime warranty and from a retailer you can find easily for replacements, I wouldn't worry too much about the brand.

Comment

exactly. I only buy Craftsman because there is a sears 5 mins. from me, and if a tool breaks I just take it there, and they give me a replacement on the spot, no questions asked. Unless you have a bunch of money to afford Mac or Snap-on, just go with Craftsman or something with the same warranty.

Comment

I have a nabor (SP.) who has a snap-on masters set. I use only them.

Comment

Must be a nice neighbor.

Comment

He is the head machanic at toyota. That is where I did my 5spd swap. We did a tranny swap in 4.5hrs. When I say tranny swap, I mean I pulled it in as a automatic, and pulled it out as a 5spd. (Ofcorse (sp.) We had Bluepoint and snapon inpact tools, 2 post lift, all the jacks and whatnot.)

Comment

only tool kit you need bitches!

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=106

Comment

Originally posted by theJunkman
                      Good for roadside work at a really light weight?!?!?!?!

Comment

good for putting in all those JDM parts.

if they break, you can just go to the JDM sears and they'll give you a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Panda_Integra
                          That is where I did my 5spd swap. We did a tranny swap in 4.5hrs.
                          That's not that impressive. I know DSM guys who can drop their transmissions in under 30 min with hand tools and floor jacks. Clutch changes on a 4WD in less than an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Archon
                            That's not that impressive. I know DSM guys who can drop their transmissions in under 30 min with hand tools and floor jacks. Clutch changes on a 4WD in less than an hour.
                            Yea, they can do it so fast because they have to do it so often, because they break down so much. I will still be driving while they work on their cars.
                            Long live Honda

Comment

hell yeah man. You have no idea how many times I've had to truck a bunch of DSM'ers around to shag parts

Comment

but duy changing tranny's on our DA's sucks. i just love how there so much room in the engine bay.

Comment

Pat, Schu, and I did it in about 4 hours last night. It would have been easier on My or Schu's car with the PR mounts though I think.

Comment

I have factory mounts, and that 4.5 hours includes doing all the wiring, installing the linkage, removing the auto crap, ect, ect. a whole auto-5spd conversion in 4.5hrs. Drove in as a automatic, and drove out as a 5spd. Thats with frozen bolts and no WD-40.

Comment

well i'll give em' props on that...it'd take my ass a week...i'd still be disconnecting the battery...

Comment

Originally posted by Panda_Integra
                                        I have factory mounts, and that 4.5 hours includes doing all the wiring, installing the linkage, removing the auto crap, ect, ect. a whole auto-5spd conversion in 4.5hrs. Drove in as a automatic, and drove out as a 5spd. Thats with frozen bolts and no WD-40.
                                        Props then

Comment

anyone know how k-mart buying sears is gonna affect craftsmen tools lifetime warranty? i have a lot too and am kinda worried. :o

Comment

Thanks, I still need to do 1 thing. A new bolt in my LCA. It snaped in two taking it out.

Comment

craftsmen and the like are great for the home mechanic. i beat on my snap ons everyday and i have to replace sockets like crazy. i call the snap on guy, and hes there within a few hours. its worth it to your average honda tech where flat rate pay is an issue. also, four hours for a 5spd swap is really good, it took me about 3 just to pull the parts out of a 4g accord.

Comment

this is off topic, but archon or schu, do either of you have an extractor bit set...if so, would you mind helping me get that bolt outta my rear lca...i'll bring beer...lemme know...

the halfrican

Comment

i got my 121 piece craftsman set from sears for 70 bucks it was on sale. and i got 2 torque wrenches and a vice grip, my tools are coming along nicely, now i need big tools like dremels and all that other stuff

Comment

Working...
                                                  X