Exhaust Recommendations

I searched through the forums but I don’t think an answer can be found in any specific thread.

Basically my stock exhaust is literally rusting apart (was replaced new at Acura 4 years ago). While the rest of my teg is pretty much in cherry shape, I’m looking to replace the exhaust with something comparable to OEM in appearance and sound, but will last (obviously performance is not of the highest priority).

Otherwise from what I’ve read here, the RS*R Ex Mag would be my “performance” alternative.

Any suggestions on what to get and where would be appreciated.

i’m in the same boat as you i’m sure u’ve heard the rsr is the quietest exhaust a little louder then stock and some say it perfroms the best i’m also thinking about getting the hks hiper exhaust both very good depends on what your looking for but see if u can find info on it cause theres plenty out there i think there an exhaust thread where people rate their exhaust

I guess I should add that I’m not necessarily looking for a name brand. If someone vouches for Midas selling quality mufflers for less than what I would pay for another OEM exhaust, then I’ll consider it.

Just go to a local muffler shop, have them weld you up a cat-back or whichever you may need and use a muffler of your choice, or use their shitty ones.

You’ll spend about half as much as you would on an RS*R.

The Acura dealership might have put on mild-steel. Which, yes, rusts very quickly. Make sure you get stainless steel.

The Acura dealership might have put on mild-steel. Which, yes, rusts very quickly. Make sure you get stainless steel.

I was just looking to buy a new muffler and was wondering what is the difference between an alumanized steel muffler vs a stainless steel muffler?
BTW i was at this site MAGNAFLOW

Aluminized steel is basically mild steel with a coating over it to prevent rust. It all depends on your climate, may it be humid or dry, that determines which you should go with.

Stainless steel is “bling” which I personally don’t care for, is harder to weld (some shops may charge more to weld it up), hardly ever rusts, and is quite expensive as opposed to mild steel/aluminized.

Aluminized steel is easy to weld up, is easy to weld, does rust eventually (takes about 5 years), and is cheaper.

Personally if I were you I wouldn’t even consider anything but SS piping if you want a long lifespan. As for the muffler, it’s really all your choice. Mufflers are easy to replace and take like 10 mins to weld up to existing piping, so paying $60 every 4 years for an aluminized muffler wouldn’t be all that bad of a deal. Sorry for the long ass explaination.

If it were me I’d buy this black muffler http://inlinefour.com/estunsysovun.html , it’s just SS painted black.

If it were me I’d buy this black muffler http://inlinefour.com/estunsysovun.html , it’s just SS painted black.

Thanks for the info
I just ordered this one

AKS92GS: So in addition to the muffler and tip, did you get the piping as well? How much did everything cost you? Do you plan on welding it all yourself?