Megan Racing header

OK I just recieved my megan racing header yesterday and Installed it. The install was very easy and took me liek 3 hour in all and thats because i spent most of the time trying to get seized bolts off the old ls header that I eventually cut off because I broke a socket tryeing the get them off. Any wayz I installed the header on a b16a yea it had a stock ls exhaust manifold before so damn was that a drag. Any ways I the header seemed to have very nice welds, they where perfect, done by a mchine perfect and the inside was completely smooth and all the metal was grinded so everything was lined up perfectly in the ports. It came with all the gaskets which was nice. The header bolted up perfectly pulled they exhaust back about a 1/2 inch but thats nuthing to freak about. Its stainless steel and it looks hecka nice under the hood, nice and shiny but of cource it changes clolr in heat as stainless changes color in heat. I seriously felt a night and day difference in top end and increase from 3000 rpms and on.

Pros- I paid 130 shipped off ebay for this header. The header fits perfect. The header looks damn good. Its not a stock ls exhaust manifold choking up my b16. Added tons of noticable power. Fits perfect.

Cons- probably not gonna add as much horse power as the dc sports 4-1 type r copy header does. If you have a b16 your gonna have to get another o2 bung welded in(I have a custom pr4 ecu converted to vtec, with 1 o2 sensor.

Over all I think this header is the best bang for your buck, and is made nicely and looks like it will last. I totally recomend it.

Ryan

any pics???

heres a few pics.

Ryan

arghhh…i cant see them!!! :shrug:

megan racing? huh, I have never heard of them. for an extra $100 more I would get the dc sports though, becuase if your going to do something you should do it right. The pic’s looks nice

There was a side by side comparison of the welds on the Megan and the DC. Megan looked better. It blew my mind. Welds are one thing, but the actual performance of the header is another. Im still waiting on a dyno comparison.

Just sharing what ive seen.

hey I just took my car and my ls vtec motor to my friends house and he is going to put it in for me. I need a header though. I have a 94 jdm b16 vtec head. I need to find a header for it. do you know if megan has one. Let me know
thanks

yeah I know this an old topic and I should have left it alone but I just got the same header off of Ebay and looks real nice and the Welds as stated in anther post above are superb. I’m gonna put it on in the morning and then see if theres some kind of noticable power…yeah I know its kinda of a cheezy one but if better than the stock GS header,lol header was $111.15 shipped can’t complain really

i noticed the power from 2-4-ishk
i just put it on last night
and smoked a dc4 dunno mods but had muffler…
funny smoked em bad lol
when he try to go fast when i was curising his car went no where tho:)

holy crap mine hangs down way lower than that, stupid b16, im probably gonna get a custom 2.25 inch pipe welded from the 2-1 section of the jdm header to the cat cuz im tired of scraping everything, its just a matter of time before I hole gets scraped into there. Over all though i love the header performes really good compared to the stock ls header prob best for your money.
Ryan

What size collector (inner diameter) on the 421 for the LS?

the megan header that I got is a 2inch sigh if only it was a 2.25in

I was wondering if any of you guys had smoke coming out of the exhaust and on the upper part of the exhaust manifold, it also smelt like something was burning but nothing was touching.

is this normal or something is wrong?

for the first 10-20mins
it will smell like shit
its burning off all the crap on headers
after that it should be good

yeah I just noticed it went down sorry about that…
another problem my bottom part of the header is about 1in off the ground and I can’t evening get out of my drive way :pistoff: I think the problem is that on the downpipe there are like a mount that is suppose to screw into the rear motor mount but I can’t get the holes to line up. My header isn’t like soontobe2ndGEN where it curves so I had to smash a lil of the oil pan.

-what do I do about the header being about 1in off the ground.
its a 91’ with a b16 and the header was for a 90-91 GS, LS , RS

is your car lowered? raise it up. Are you running the 4-1 2.5collector? 4-1’s usually run lower than the 4-2-1.

If you read twords the top a little more I am running a b16a also with the same header you have, it hangs prob inch a half from the ground. Remember that oru engines deck height is 8mm lower than the b18a. Another thing is I didnt have to smash my oil pan or any thing so thats kinda wierd. All the smells and smoke is normal. but yea I have a b16a header at home and I am about to get it put on, the reason i didnt innthe first place is cuz I need like 12inches more of pipe to reach the cat. I am scared a hole is going to get punched into my header soon.
Ryan

yeah I got it up to the damn mount thing near the rear motor mount. But the downpipe and the catalyic coverter is now like a upside down V so I;m gonna keep it like this tell I can get another header and hopefully one like a 99-00 SI header and hope the downpipe clears the oil pan and crossmember.
thanks again for the help and not flaming for some nOOb questions :burnout:

soontobe2gen: So over a year’s gone by… I was wondering if you are still considering this to be a good header. If it has held up just like a DC would and such. The welds still good and strong?

I have the same exact header, is still perfect. Had it for over a year.