need new hatch shocks

My stock hatch shocks are worn out and dont hold the trunk up at all. I bought some Mighty Lifts from autozone, but those didnt fit. Acura wants about $150 for the pair, anyone know where I can find new shocks for a decent price that will fit without modifiying anything in the rear?

-Matt

I got used ones at the junkyard for 20$

I guess that could work, but I would like to have new ones so that I wont have to buy new ones for a long time.

-Matt

The cold weather in Colorado softens the shocks up to the point where they won’t hold up more than 5 lbs. If you go to the junk yard chances are they aren’t going to last much longer since the cars at the yard just sit outside exposed to the cold. Go OEM or find some that are located in warmer regions.

i was quoted $26 a piece for new aftermarket shocks. should be something you can order in from kragen/pepboys/autozone ect.

very true…they work great when its warm but now they dont work as good.I would go the OEM route.It might cost you more but they are def. worth it.

I experienced the same problem…I bought a pair at Pep Boys, I forgot the brand. It’s not hard to install - about the same difficulty as installing wiper blades. Good luck : )

yeah, pep boys has em. pretty easy to install, but be careful, if u take one off the hatch will fall on you. i learned that the hard way… :loser:

i heard there is a beefier shock from a different car that makes the hatch pop open and is much stronger. Does anyone know what this is?

I just went to CarQuest & got “Strongarm” shocks for like 30 bux each, they’re strong as hell.

sweet thanks bro