Cherry Bomb Muffler?????

I have a friend with a G2.He was telling me the other day that a Cherry Bomb muffler makes a G2 purrrrr like a ferarri.Anyone out there had any experience with these?

yes, i have experience with glasspacks. and no offense really, but your friend is on drugs. its the worst sounding thing you can do to your car. you might as well just go and drill holes in your stock exhaust, because thats what it sounds like.

Horrible idea! Don’t waste your money or damage your ears!

The sound is very horrible. I’ve experienced it and all it did was give me a fix it ticket! By the way i’m semi-new to g2ic. I rarely post, but I read g2ic every night to learn more and more about my car! :slight_smile:

i’d use a cherry bomb as a resonator, that’s about it.

:up::up: Glad to see some people understand how to use the site properly :slight_smile:

On Topic: I would definitely recommend AGAINST the glasspack. It does NOT sound good on our cars (or most cars, for that matter).

I did and lost a noticable amount of power, wouldnt go that route again.

i’ve never heard one, i don’t think :think:.

do they sound like those little little FART mufflers?

they were developed for muscle car guys back in the day, they only cost around $30, so you can figure you get what you pay for, probably not much R&D. They make a low rumble, but when you rev it and let off the gas they have characteristic pops and sputters. VRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOMM - POP - POP - POP

My friend has one on his turbo Legacy and it sounds nice as shit.

ahem for those who don’t know, the greddy MX (i would assume the SP and SP2 also) are just two straight through “cherry bombs.” I would assume the packing material, and size of the mufflers is different, but still straight through “cherry bombs” none the less.

they have resonance chambers though, that is how they muffle sound. A cherry bomb is the outer tube, some packing, and a perforated inner tube.

Look at greddy’s website. they used to have some technical drawings of their exhaust systems.