O2 Sensors OEM or not?

Need to get new O2 sensors for my car (93 gs auto)…Should i go oem (cost an arm and leg) or go another brand and if so, what is recommended? Thanks.

As long as its “Direct fit” ie… NOT UNIVERSAL.

I tried a universal one and kept getting check engine lights code 43.

once i got a direct fit one it was fine. i think i got a denso one. cost me $112 Cdn. so thats like $85 US.

Just get the Denso OE identical O2 sensor #234-4099

it’s exactly like stock…

I picked one up Here!

my universal bosch has never given me beef, $30.

:werd:
i got mine from nopi for about $25 each(b16,2 sensors). never given me any problems and its been almost a year and the motor runs perfect ever since i got those

I just ordered for 30 shipped on ebay a 4 wire universal 02 sensor. Our stock ones are 4 wire, so I dont see why it would make a big difference. Just make sure when you swap the harness to the new senser you do a good job, like sodering and heat shrink wrap stuff :crazy:

I put in a Bosch direct-replacement, car seems to run richer now. Other members have not liked Bosch either.

this is wrong, not all stock ones are 4-wire. 90-91 o2 sensors are a single wire, non-heated sensor. where as 92-93 sensors are 4-wire heated sensors. so it does make a difference whether you get a 4-wire or 1-wire.

very good point. I wasnt aware of that, but thanks for the correction :clap:

Also if you read the directions for the universal O2 sensors. they say NOT to solder the connections. reason being, the wires are aluminum and do not take solder. I had a bosch universal first and thats the one that gave me issues. rather than take the chance you have to buy another 02, why not just get the direct fit one and then you have no worries.

Im suprised that people who say they love their G2s so much, would bother spending $$ on inferior products.

thanx for the info…i think i’ll go with the denso’s…

try www.oxygensensors.com
they have a couple of choices for our cars and they are decently priced compared to oem

but what if i have a 91 integra but i have on the greddy header that has the o2 sensor right by the cat. Should i buy the one for the 90-91 or the 92-93??? and if i need the 92-93 how do i rewire it since it comes with 4 wires and the 90-91 only has 1.

You would still buy the o2 sensor that is made for your car, you just need to see if greddy has an o2 sensor extension for the single wire o2, or make your own extension.

yea the extension wire comes with the header…but wen i put tha header on tha two plastic connector pieces was leaning against tha collector part of tha collector part of tha header n burnted up a bit…but it still works so i just joined the two wires n good to go…well since i just put in a new o2 sensor for tha 90-91 and now my air/fuel is jumping which means its working now and my idleing is muchhhh better now.

for those that bought the Universal Bosch o2’s what wires went where?

Bosch to Stock

white to black Heater
white to black Heater
grey to green Ground Wire
white to black Signal Wire

those are the correct wires right?