OEM/Aftermarket Gas Tank

Hey guys, I was curious where would be the best place to find a good replacement gas tank for my gs-r. I would be looking to pick one up relatively soon, and I dont wanna get raped by the dealer picking one up. Also the straps that hold the tank, where would I find these also without going to a dealership. Thanks guys :hugs:

you can try a junkyard gastank and get it cleaned and tested. i’ve never heard of an aftermarket gas tank

dont go cheap on the important stuff…

http://www.atlinc.com/racing/page10.htm

ball it!

Oh I def wasnt tryin to go cheap, just cant seem to find anything. Yea i looked at wheel well tanks, but I didnt know if that would be overkill for me and I have no clue what kind of work it would take to switch from a normal gas tank to a more efficient fuel cell set up. Plus I dont wanna burn to death if I am rearended

:rofl: sorry to whore, but that was hilarious :lol:

wow, you recommended a non-OEM part.

come one guys, me needy tanky to stop leaky :crazy:

junkyard junkyard :dance:

So its possible to refurbish a used tank? Rcoop might have one for me off his parts car, but i dont wanna install it and have it leak again after a year.

i dont know what they call it, but you can have it cleaned and pressure tested or something to make sure it doesn’t have any leaks or cracks. if its not all rusty, i say go for it.

i dont know from experience, but my friend had a bagged jimmy and he used to drag it all over the place until he busted his tank so he go one from the junkyard and had it cleaned and tested. it was fine.
HTH :cross:

i work at a ski/bike shop and this mechanic from saab came in and was looking for p-tec its basically looks like a stick of glue from a glue gun and its used to repair the base of a snowboard or ski…and he said that he was using it to fix a small leak in a gas tank so he didnt have to replace the whole thing…i just said ok and gave him some…maybe look into this if its small leak :shrug: