The Real Outcome of Sylvaina 9004 Silverstars

I just put some Sylvainia 9004 silverstars in to see if it would make a difference, and I like them. Not bad for only $22.50 shipped, new. Here are a few pictures, the fog lights are stock, and the stock bulbs in the headlights were just as yellow. They are much brighter and whiter than stock. Im not about to spend $200-$400 on hids. What do you think?

first thing i did to my teg the day i got it was tp put the sylvania’s in. I loved them, def a hella lot whiter, noticibly brighter but nothin special, and looked very clean. Good choice :up:

I have some of those on my Toyota pickup and their cool, but one pieces rule all :bow:

ubnpast: where did you pick them up for so cheap?

ebay!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7930577665&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT
I will write to the guy and ask him if he has any more (I think he has a store), and ill let you know.

Thanks, I just put a bid up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7931834736&category=33710 “buy this now” $24.99 shipped, Ill still see if the guy has more for $22.50 shipped.

I asked the guy about the headlights for $22.50, he said he doesnt have anymore.

Thanks for asking him. I won the bid for 20.57 shipped. I came to realize that I wanted the 9007 and not the 9004. Oh well, as long as they are brighter than the stock type bulbs.

Thanks again. If I didn’t see your thread, I would have bought them from pepboys or kragen for $30 after rebate.

Thats cool, Is the 9007 also a dual filiment bulb, does it have high and low beam like the 9004’s?

Nice pictures. :cool: I though about getting them but I think I enjoy not being able to see at night.

Yes it is a dual bulb and has more illumination than the 9004. The tread in teg tips details on the switch from 9004 to 9007.

i have some, but mine look slightly bluer…maybe its just the pictures

mine arent any bluer

Seems like everytime I see comparison shots, it’s headlight vs foglight or some other kinda light. The alternate deflections of the housing causes same bulbs to give off different colors and beam patterns so, I figure I’d do a head-to-head comparison. This was on a G4 Prelude, here is the result (Stock vs. Sylverstar):

As you can see, other than the slight shade differential because of the angle of the two pictures, there was really no difference between the stock one on the bottom-left and the Sylverstar on the bottom-right. You can also see that they are not nearly as bright (or cool) as the Matrix Xenon bulbs (topside of both pics).

Having projectors, I didn’t want to drop my bumper to find out if I would like the Sylverstars, so I just bought a pair and installed them on a friend’s car. We were both so dissapointed, I just returned them and put the stock ones back in.

Just figured, I’d add some pics and comments to the fray.

Well, I have stock headlights, with the sliverstar bulb… They work great for me compared to stock.

are these bulbs available at napa or anything?

at checker and autozone…

Autozone (or is it Advanced Auto - I get them mixed up) is running a special right now and you can get the silverstars for about $25 a pair if you want them things.

forget that hids