Action 2KS Clutch Kit

I just installed my new Action 2KS Clutch Kit this weekend and thought I’d give a review considering there’s not much info on here about these particular clutches. I don’t have any pictures at this time but possibly in the future. This is my first clutch install so I can’t compare this particular clutch to any other racing clutch but I can give you my impressions coming from a stock LS clutch.
First noticable difference is the pedal pressure. I was a little wary of the advertised 3,000 lbs. pedal pressure but after installing the clutch the pressure feels just about right, definitely harder than stock but by no means a leg workout just to shift the gears.
The clutch grabs extremely hard but still smoothly. The 2KS is advertised as having silky smooth engagement for streetability but still rock solid grabbing for racing. I’d say that pretty much sums up this clutch. I’m still in the break in period and getting used to the much harder grabbing but I really like the feel. This may be a matter of adjustment or just how the clutch is made but it has a much shorter throw than my old stock one. Total disengagement to full engagement takes place in the first 3rd or so of the clutch pedal travel, I’m still toying with the clutch cable adjuster to see if I can stretch this out some.
Overall I’d say I’m very pleased with my new clutch, the high price tag is worth it considering the kevlar components which are supposed to outlast most other clutch materials, not having to take that transmission out any time soon is very reassuring. If anybody has any particular questions I’d be happy to answer them.