X

The Best Suspension Setup of All!!!

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Suspension Setup of All!!!

I've been researching suspension setups for a while now, and I want to settle it once and for all. Who has the best coil-over? Well, almost as if it fell out of the sky, i went to re-read one of my old Super Street mags, and i found a whole article on suspension in the July 2004 issue. I mentioned A'PEXi, HKS, JIC, KG/MM, KSport USA, Skunk2, Tein, Tokico, and Tanabe. They gave all of them pretty good reviews, but i want opinons from other people. Which is the best as far as ride quality, ride height/drop. and overall performance?
    -yours truly
    TheChosenOne

its kind of difficult to support one brand over all the others if you havn't had experience with every kind. everyone will be biased and support their own suspension. also it depends on what you're using your car for. those who are into autocrossing won't have the same views on a "good suspension" as those would be into drag racing, showing, or just everyday driving.

Comment

Moton

Comment

Ohlins or Penske.

Comment

Duy's Ohlins fully adjustable Ohlins is on left
          and Schu's Motons are on right

Comment

^ are those for our cars?

Comment

Originally posted by JDM1nt2B
              Yo yo yo homie.... you can make anything fit, M.M. style!

Comment

wow nice remote resevoirs. Are they for race applications?? id say they are a little bit of overkill for street right?

Comment

Originally posted by Saint
                  wow nice remote resevoirs. Are they for race applications?? id say they are a little bit of overkill for street right?

Comment

Originally posted by JDM1nt2B

There is a variety of applications for the Moton, a few suspension swaps trailing arms and other little tid bits and im sure they would fit

for moton stuff

www.kingmotorsports.com shows a list of applications

for ohlins, i believe the only Thing they make it for at the moment is a s2000, and european type cars, if you have a bike they make plenty of stuff for 2 wheeliers *cough* *cough* schu*

Comment

oh yes, the ones you've never heard of with separate reservoir's are the bestest.

Comment

I hope you got at least $1000 per corner to spend

Comment

me????? i was just commenting on the coilovers/shocks

i just keep it simple... Eibach sportlines and kyb gr2s

Comment

me????? i was just commenting on the coilovers/shocks

i just keep it simple... Eibach sportlines and kyb gr2s

gr2's are great for replacments but wont last as long as other shocks ie. koni's illumina's, and so on

gr2's are meant to be a normal everday shock, they do ok lowered, but aren't made for lowering, rather just save yru money and get other ones, but gr2's is a good shock

Comment

they have a lifetime waranty and the shop i buy them from wont ask questions about is it lowered etc. so its all good. they are about a year and a half old now. bearings and bushings are shot but the shocks still seem to be working great.

Comment

Enless Zeals :p

Comment

ground control!...jk

Comment

what about teins and jic.... i've heard some mixed comments on both of them. Im looking for a lower ride and overall street proformance. I'm gunna be autocrossing anytime soon.

Comment

Zeals!!!

Comment

Best set-up

Tokico Illuminas Shocks/Struts
                                        H&R Race Springs (2" drop)
                                        Suspension Technique Sway Bars
                                        4 piece strut bars (doesn't matter who)
                                        Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
                                        Ingalls Camber kit
                                        Energy Suspension Hyperflex master bushing kit
                                        C-Pillar bar (more for looks...)
                                        Rear trailing arm bushing set
                                        Phantom Grip LSD and ACT 8lb. Flywheel (It helps around corners)

I have this set-up on my g2 and wouldn't change it for a thing. A bit spendy but woth EVERY single penny. Nice aggressive stance and very stiff, but can be adjusted with a screwdriver. Your car will be a beast after this! Trust me

Comment

damn everything i plan on getting except for the cpillar bar and the illuminas

Comment

Yeah the c-pillar is more for looks..not sure if it does anything or not! The Illuminas are my preference. I had the AGX off a 94-01 integra and had to modify them to fit. They were good and all but I like the ride on the illuminas better. I wasn't willing to drop a grand on struts...That grand went into a stage 3 port and polish, 5 angle valve job, valve springs/retainers/valves combo and CTR Cams!!!

Comment

damn you have completed things that i am going to do except i am gettting itr cams just my pref.

Comment

yeah there the same pretty much...Just a temp cam until I can save my money for some toda stage 3's or skunk2 stage 2's.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmm toda spec c

Comment

Working...
                                                  X