X

TenzoR short shifter

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TenzoR short shifter

My short shifter broke on me tonight were you screw on a shift nob. It broke off right under that point. So dont buy a TenzoR shifter. It is only about 1yr old. So can some one let me know if I should put in another one and if so what brand is good? Or should I just get an stock one?
    short shifter
    80.00%
    stock shifter
    20.00%

I have the B&M Dual Bend, it is a lot heavier and seems stronger than the stock one. Was $38 on ebay

Comment

just make one out of a stock one it's cheap and I have had mine in for like 2 1/2 years still works great

Comment

I've got the B&M short shifter, I love it except for the slight buzz.

Comment

when i bought my teg it had a short shifter in it... still does, and i get that buzz too. what the hell is it?

Comment

I've checked on mine and nothing is rubbing the shifter in any of the gear positions. What I've discovered is that it's the bushing that runs through the bottom of the shifter. Somehow transmission vibrations cause it to buzz, I guess the short shifters hold the shift linkage at a different angle and it causes more tranny vibrations to travel up to the shifter and rattle the bushing. Somebody on here said that he or she found a way to stop the B&M shifter from buzzing.

Comment

that white plastic accordian thing? with the rubber boot around it?

mine didn't buzz till I added the weighted B&M shift knob. now it sometimes buzzes.

Comment

I mean where the bolt goes in the shift linkage and through the bottom of the shifter, the bushings in there apparently can buzz from what I've heard.

Comment

which ones? there are the 4 rubber o-rings on the metal sleeve, and the 2 o-rings that go between the shift lever and the shift linkage.

Comment

hmm

Comment

I don't know, I'm just going by what I remember somebody posting on here a while back. I just know that the buzz comes from that area, I have no idea which ones it actually is. If you find out let me know though, that buzz can be embarassing.

Comment

Working...
                      X