Lucas transmission additive

Lucas transmission fix:
http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=29&catid=2&loc=show

i bought some of this for about $10 @ Autozone and put it in when i changed my tranny fluid, and this stuff works damn good :clap: . i put a full bottle of it in along with a couple of bottles of Maxlife 10w30 oil.

At first my tranny felt like crap, but when i put some miles on it, it started to work. My tranny used to grind in 3rd and would’nt go into 1st sometimes, but now both are fine.

i give this stuff :up: , discodan

Nice. I too have tranny problems, I am going to take your word and get some when I change my tranny fluid. What part of sac are you from?

Read this before spending moeny on that crap.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

interesting :think: , i haven’t had any problems with it yet, and i’ve been riding it for a while now :shrug: . i leak oil from my tranny but thats only because i filled it too much, and its still red colored like when i first put it in.

Collinst, i live around Bradshaw road, and you?

I live in Roseville, I will be on sunrise tonight. I put in the Lucas additive and well before my 5th gear would pop out radomly, now it doesnt do it. 1st gear doesnt grind as much now. But the problem still exsists, wel shall see it is goes away

did you put it in by itself or did you add it in with another type of oil?

i just did my trans like 20 min ago and drove it for three miles does not fill like crap fills the same. maybe it has just not mixed togeather yet to fill any diff my buddy said drive it for like 10 miles to get it mixed to geather so i will tonight. i took it to my oil change place and they put a whole bottle it then filled the rest with oil so we will see what happens now. :chill:

i wonder how does that stuff work also…
but i just used GM synchromesh friction modified MTF.

I thought this was made for ATF fluid, will it work for our tranys with motor oil?

What gave you that idea?

I picked up a pamphlet on lucas additives the other day and i remember it saying it was specifically formulated for ATF. I may be wrong, but you say it works good in our tranny’s?

Hell no. I don’t use any of those additives. That’s why I posted the link above :read:

hey i just noticed on “bob the oil guys” test, he used “Lucas Oil Stabilizer”, not the transmission fix stuff that i used.

Archon, im not trying to sound like an ass or anything but, i don’t think you should start talkin mess about something unless you have personal experience using it :shrug:.

i put a hole bottle in the toped it off with oil my 3 gear use to grind like a bitch when shifting normal but now i only get a very light grind when power shifting. i love it i tought i was going to have to rebuild my trans. it seams to work good so far.

you’ll probably still have to rebuild your tranny, because with this stuff(and other tranny additives) its only a temporary fix.

o i figured that but i am going to put a b16 trans in with an ls final drive

:rofl:

I’m not the one trying to fix a mechanical problem with an oil additive.

im not trying to fix it, just delay it untill i have money for a new car :smiley: .

and also, i think you’re not only laughing at me, but also the many other g2ic’ers that have used GM synchromesh.

anyways… im not gonna sit here and bicker with you about it :bawl: :blah: .