Adding an extra trunk light

One of my projects this afternoon was to add an extra trunk light to my Integra 2-door. The trunk light in the Integra is fairly weak. When I’m camping or on a road trip, it seems like I’m always digging through the trunk for something and there isn’t very much light to work with.
I picked up a little automotive courtesy light for a free at a garage sale, and I had the idea to install it in the Integra to augment the existing trunk light. The pictures pretty much speak for themselves. The new light gets power from the original light. The only tricky part was creating the hole for the new light in the plastic trunk panel. I used a Dremel tool with a variety of attachments to carefully grind away at the edges of the hole until it was just right.

Connecting the wires to the existing trunk light:

The hole for the new light on the opposite side of the trunk:

The extra light really makes quite a difference.

very nice, good quality too you didnt half ass it like some projects ive seen. im sure someone will ask for a teg tip for this easy install. how does it look with two different size lights?

Awesome project! I may have to copy you! :up: x 100!

archivethis

Thanks for the compliment. I think the way it turned out looks awesome. The fact that it doesn’t match the original doesn’t bother me a bit. This car has 235,000 miles and is starting to get rough around the edges; non-matching lights in the trunk is the least of my concerns. My next project isn’t gonna be so easy: it’s timing belt replacement time! :worry: