DC side skirts on a 4 door...

My buddy at work has a 94+ 4 door Acura Integra that he is putting a body kit on next week. At least he is going with mild skirts, front lip and type R spoiler… so he isn’t going overboard! But I asked him what he plans on doing with his stock skirts and he was planning on throwing them out… so I’m going to take them off his hands. :up:

I’ve done some searching and all I can find is DC sides on a DA… none on a DB1… will these fit with mild modification (ie. DIY with a dremel and 3m tape??) to my 1991 4 door GS (keep in mind they ARE coming off a 4 door 94+ teg). I wasn’t planning on driving my 4 door for the summer, but I ended up moving into my own place and now I can’t afford the body work and insurance costs to put my DA9 on the road… so it will sit for another summer getting worked on slowly. So, I’d like to do some mild work to my 4 door. I’ve got 1 piece head lights and amber bumper lights… and I’m trying to decide weather or not to paint the moldings/lip or not… I don’t want to spend anymore money modding it really (as it’s not my main car) but this mod would be free and would look hot if it works out. Any info or tips anyone?? TIA :slight_smile:

i say just do it ,not sure if the four door guys have done it. so for a free mod give it a shot should be done just like two doors.good luck keep us posted. :wave:

i want to know as well. i’ve been looking for some clean sideskirts for my DB for quite some time now, and all i can find are the mugen style from Rev-auto. and Mike wants like $155!! :bored:

Well, I should have them early next week… I won’t have much time between work and all the other shit going on these days, but I’ll do my best to get them on and take pics of the process. Any experience, knowledge or tips would be GREATLY appreciated!!

My plans for the “winter beater turned summer ride” are:
Paint match the moldings
Paint match the front lip
Install and paint the G3 sides
Install and paint an Accord rear lip (if I can find one cheap)
De-badge the car (maybe add Honda emblems)
Clean and clear stock tailights
Swap suspension (Tokico Illuminas and generic coilovers) from my DA9
Find some cheap 15" rims with tires

I already (as stated above) have 1 piece headlights and amber painted bumper lights. This is just my winter beater, so I wasn’t planning to do much… but the above mods (except for the rims/tires and rear lip) will be free/cheap. That will get me through the summer with my DB1 :wink:

please try to do it. alot of us sedan guys are wondering the same thing. cuz we know the 2door works but wondering bout the 4 doors. so yea update us bout ur attempts. and i was going to do the accord rear lip too but wondering if it would fit, cuz our rear bumper is longer then the 2door. keep up the good work. 4doors :rockon:

:werd: ^^^^

i agree ^^^^^^^

Bringing this one back from the dead… I got the side skirts from my buddy like 3 weeks ago, and last weekend I took one of the skirts and hacked it up with my dremel. It fits perfectly and looks awesome!! :up: I have to cut the other side (this time I will take some pictures of the process…) and mount them. I will probably do that this weekend (depending what other things need to be done around the house).

I just thought I’d give a little update to let everyone know that DC side skirts will in fact fit nicely on a DB1 with a little (easy) modification. I taped em up there and they look NICE! :slight_smile:

Im slowing working on my budget summer beater. Doing body work and spraying the fixed spots with rattle cans (ghetto!!), super cleaned and polished the tail lights, de-badged the car, etc. I’ve decided not to paint the moldings, front lip or side skirts. I like the way the black and red looks. If I ever get the whole car painted, I’ll paint them, but it will look good enough for my beater for now!!

Yes, yes, please post some pics!!! I’m interested as well.

ops…

Post Pics Please!!! :d

I will post pics soon. My gf and I just moved into a new place about a month ago. I still haven’t got internet hooked up at our new apartment. So I’ll have to take pics, load them to my PC at home, resize them, load them to a USB thumb drive, bring em to work, upload them and post em… so it might take some time! I’ll try to snap a few teaser pics at least this week. :up:

I don’t have a lot of time, but I usually spend Sunday afternoons with a case of beer out in the driveway tinkering. So, it will likely be this weekend before I get pics. I’ll keep everyone posted…

Any pics yet??

please get some pics up soon! just saw the ones that Mike at Rev-Auto has for sale, and IMO they look pretty :gay: If they look anything better than those, then I’ll be getting me some!

:corn: Very interested in some pics. Can’t wait.

No pics just yet. The weather hasen’t been cooporating. Sunday’s are my usual day for working on my car, so it might not be until this weekend. I have 1 sideskirt cut, fitted and ready to install (still brainstorming on the best way to install them…) and the other still needs to be trimmed and fitted.

I might be able to snap some teaser pics tonight or tomorrow, depending on when it stops pouring rain here. G2IC will be the first to know once they’re fitted and installed! :up:

This Thread Is Useless Without Pics

How about some pictures of them before installation, so that we can see what has to be done to get them to fit.

:gotpics: :sleep:

yea man get some pics PLZ :argh: