Seafoamed again ...

So, after borrowing (and later,buying) an intake from member JH4DB536 (good guy), I decided to SeaFoam Gimpy again today … HOLY CRAP, I covered the whole street in smoke,lol !!! I think I saw Kevin drive by through the smoke,hehe … I’d forgotten how badly the car smokes up a city street when you beat on it during the SeaFoam process …
Was just wondering, anyone else still keeping up with the SeaFoam action? :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

P.S. I was thinking of making a small video clip showing how to perform the process correctly … Maybe we could have a Video Teg Tips section?? I can’t host the video, but I thought that was a cool idea, as I’m more of a hands-on person …

i think that would be a great idea. even just a regular text teg tip on how to seafoam our cars would be great.

I’ll host it. Email me the file.

sea foam’s all fine and good til 10 minutes into it you’re like, well i didnt think it would smoke THIS long, and realize you have to go somewhere…

driving through town avoiding eye contact as you pull off from a red light.

kinda embarassing.

What is this SeaFoam you speak of?

avoid eye contact…as your giggling the whole time

yea how do you seafoam. ive seen it and heard of it in different forums, but dont know how to use it. do i just put the whole can in the engine?

Sea foam is good shit, it is the rebadged carbon cleaner they use at toyota… I had a friend tell me that sea foam is bad on the valves and rings, and yo should run the car and pour a half of can in in like 10 min, then choke it. Let it set for 30min, then start it and let it run for 30min. Drive it away easy and smooth. But that is just what I was told. :shrug:

is it actually foam, or it is all in the name?

It’s liquid, but it foam when it gets hot or something. Somebody confirm.

i’ve got it but never used it, been in my garage, but i think it probably got all gel styled from the freezing and unfreezing from the years gone by…wanted to use it, but never knew how.

it works well, just use it with caution.

Avoid eye contact??? I laugh my ass off every time I do it !! I do think, however, that one should avoid busy streets when doing this, as you WILL lay down a thick smokescreen. MAKE SURE TO BEAT ON THE CAR UNTIL THE SMOKE SUBSIDES, don’t just sit there and rev … WOT is recommended (i.e., late night empty freeway stylee)… I usually just drive on surface streets that aren’t very busy. I did drive down Diamond Bar Blvd. this one time while it was raining, needless to say, all cars were at least a half mile behind me …

As to the video, I need to get a hold of my Dad’s DV camera, unless one of the Burbank members happens to have a camera … :clap: I don’t think it would be a very long video, any ideas as to a length? I also need to find a can of Deep Creep as well, didn’t find it at NAPA last time …

I have a bottle that I was going to use, but the teg has 182,xxx mlies on her, and I’m not sure if I want use it yet…

Anyone think a high mileage car would do ok with the Seafoam treatment?

I did it to mine and now I have a high idle, I think it cleaned out too much crap, os now I have to re-do the idle. I have approx. 180K on my LS.

Gimpy’s got about 160.000 on her, she reacts just fine to the SeaFoam …

Im in the same boat as alot of you. I have 190k and don’t know if i should use it. The car runs perfect and passed the compression test with flying colors. But when ever I take it up to 5k and past you can smell something I think its carbon build up. please help :hmm:

where can i get this Sea Foam stuff???

http://www.seafoamsales.com/buy.htm:up:

just seafoamed the teg myself through the brake booster line, i poured half of the container into a cup and after sucking up almost all of it, it stalled.

i left it alone for the 15 minute wait (team-integra.net article) when i tried to start it, it would bog out and stall, so i gave it some gas and finally got it going.

after driving around for awhile the throttle response feels better and acceleration feels smoother, however there was no affect to the idle.

overall i’d say its worth it since the bottle cost around 6 bucks only. :slight_smile: